Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrow building

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Arrow building

Well..........I know of three different ones in service by various members here. Bitzenburg, Jo Jan, and Bohning's tower jig.

I personally went the "frugal" route and bought a Grayling jig - it's plastic, rather than metal, but it works like a hot darn. I'm careful with it and treat it like plastic - not metal, as I said it works just fine.

Hopefully some others will add their 2 cents worth.

Bow Walker Guest

Good jigs can be found at almost any place that sells archery equipment. I was up at West Coast Archery on Saturday - Bill's got the Bohning jig in there, listed at about $60.00 I believe. That's what I paid for mine.

Give him a call and save some $$$
    250 743 97453 home (after 6 pm)
    250 710 8412 cel (daytime)

I use the blitzenburg jig with a offset straight clamp. I have tried using right helical clamp but with carbon shaft diameter, I find using the straight clamp gives me a better fletching contact. The hardest part is keeping a steady hand running a bead of glue down the fletching. I found drinking coffee before is not a good idea.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by loki
    Could anyone share the information/steps on how to build your own arrows? Either that or could you provide a link of a good site to do so? I can't find good linkage to build carbon arrows, wood mostly says lathe.
    3 Rivers Archery has a couple of DVD's and books on the subject I got the wood arrow building one cause that's what I'm getting into.
    Here's the link.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Index.asp