Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: opinions needed

Re: opinions needed

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    If you are going to encourage predator hunting through a program like this I would highly recommend not just hunting methods but also pelt prep. You will encourage more hunters to target predators if they have a purpose for the animal beyond just predator control. Teaching BC hunter to prep fur for auction and when to target them for prime fur to benefit from it can go a long ways.
    Excellent post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Get people to sign up and partner with Wolftracker.

We've been working with ranchers/hunters/trappers on wolf harvest, sightings/mappings, and predator control on ranches

www.wolftracker.ca
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    If you are going to encourage predator hunting through a program like this I would highly recommend not just hunting methods but also pelt prep. You will encourage more hunters to target predators if they have a purpose for the animal beyond just predator control. Teaching BC hunter to prep fur for auction and when to target them for prime fur to benefit from it can go a long ways.
    Excellent point. I'm hesitant to just go blow away yotes for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by hare_assassin View Post
    Excellent point. I'm hesitant to just go blow away yotes for giggles.
    It's not for giggles, it's called predator control and it's sorely needed.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Agree with all of you and it is an excelent post.Darn it ...i was thinking about it today.Thanks Fowl...you beat me to it.My sugestion to every hunter,take what is legal to take out of predators!!!! If you want to see more game ,go predator hunting.

I agree, good idea - BTW I am signed up on Wolftracker too - it would be a good resource for the program!
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

I'd pay to attend a seminar regarding wolf hunting. I keep hearing it's easier than people think but first hand knowledge from someone that does it is unbeatable. Motivation to get out there during the lucrative predator seasons lies in saving ungulates.

I'd be curious to see some numbers. I'm sorely uneducated on predator hunting in general. To be honest I don't know if I really want to be going out to shoot coyotes just to shoot coyotes. That's just me personally, if there is a need for this then I have no moral objections. Is there some research or population studies that are available?
    -Devon

It would be nice if they included a small talk about eating these predators or how they can be used when killed. I'm not really into trophy hunting...

It is not a "trophy hunt", it is "predator management". You want to fill your freezer? It boils down to harvesting your competition.

Quote Originally Posted by gmachine19 View Post
    It would be nice if they included a small talk about eating these predators or how they can be used when killed. I'm not really into trophy hunting...
    Last edited by Whonnock Boy; 05-29-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.