Thread: GWP In Penticton?

GWP In Penticton?

Anyone lose a young female GWP recently in Penticton area? One was found and is now in a shelter and it is on the verge of going into foster and then out for adoption. I can't help thinking that some family is desperately trying to find her and is going to be too late- you can see the story on this page: https://www.facebook.com/PointingDogRescueCanada

Please spread the word.
    ~Erin Lynes & the Eromit Labs

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GWP In Penticton?

My girlfriend is begging me to try for an adoption if it gets to that point. Beauty of a pup, but one pointer under two years old is enough for me.

Hope the family finds their friend!

Brad

wasn't there a field trial that went on near there a few weeks back?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Looks like a purebred, does it not have a tatoo or a chip that would identify it.

Bump for a good looking dog. If I didn't already have one I'd be lining up to adopt.

'Cuda - as I understand it - it's the field trial group that found the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Looks like a purebred, does it not have a tatoo or a chip that would identify it.
    I asked this and did not get a reply.... What I didn't like about their description of the dog was because it cowered when they first got it, they assume it has been 'abused'. (Because no dog ever gets stressed or scared when it's been lost and ends up in a shelter, right?) I worry about shelters who make these assumptions because I feel like they are unlikely to really try to trace the original owners. If anyone here knows a GWP breeder, maybe forward the info so they can have a look or spread the word to their puppy buyers.

Uh oh, I just read an update that she was adopted. Bad news for whoever lost her

Quote Originally Posted by kinderdoggin View Post
    I asked this and did not get a reply.... What I didn't like about their description of the dog was because it cowered when they first got it, they assume it has been 'abused'. (Because no dog ever gets stressed or scared when it's been lost and ends up in a shelter, right?) I worry about shelters who make these assumptions because I feel like they are unlikely to really try to trace the original owners. If anyone here knows a GWP breeder, maybe forward the info so they can have a look or spread the word to their puppy buyers.
    My thoughts as well, my one and only experience with our local shelter left me with a two day window to get my lab before they adopted him out even though they had him for over a week and didn't realize it. I phoned twice asking for him in a week and they said he wasn't there even though he was. I would at least phone every vet clinic in town and see if they have had interaction with any GWPs in the last year but that would take a little time and common sense both of which those kind of organizations have none of. I realize the process a lot of animals and do a lot of good but I know they have burned a lot of people and their pets.