Thread: Trolling lake cowichan

Trolling lake cowichan

Looking for ideas going to be spending the weekend on cowichan and was thinking about throwing the tinny in the truck aswell. What do you guys think any luck wrangling up a trout or two? Going to be staying near end of lake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trolling lake cowichan

If you're just looking to catch a couple pan fryers try flatfish (I like the F5 size), Tomic "Wee-Tads", and small spoons. If you're a fly fisherman large leech patterns trolled on a fast sinking line can also work well. Personally I hate gang trolls so I don't use them and often do at least as well as those fishing gang troll and worm combos, and its way more fun. At dawn or dusk use little or no weight and troll the top of the drop offs, I like to be where I can see bottom on one side, but not the other. If you're hoping to get some of the bigger fish your best bet will be a downrigger with similar gear as mentioned or upsized a bit (3" tomics, coyote spoons etc). Fish can be anywhere down to 40' or more even in mid water. Please note that fish over 50 cm must be released (the big ones aren't very good eating anyways). Good luck!
    JP

Re: Trolling lake cowichan

Thanks a lot Jim I was getting worried the fish had up and left with the zero responses haha I'll definitely be giving it a shot gets the boy on the water aswell. Thanks again