Thread: Oooops!

Oooops!

So yesterday while making some adjustments on my compound.... Checking and rechecking draw weight to get it right.... While letting down, the scale ripped out of my hand and destroyed my whisker biscuit rest. Everything else seems fine. Needless to say I am in need of a new rest. All I have ever used is a biscuit but think maybe it is time to try something else... What is a good rest that is easy to tune and wont break the bank. I will even consider used. Thanks guys.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Oooops!

Ripcord is nice
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

people I know that have a ripcord red is quite happy with it. I went with the new ripcord ace, am happy with it so far.

I used the rip cord and it was nice. But my new bow I put a QAD HDX rest on and its a lot better. full lifetime warranty. when you let go a full draw with a rip cord Code Red the containment arm drops down and your arrow tends to fall I do not like that if there's an animal in my sights and I had to let down. the QAD HDX rest the containment arm stays up when you let down I prefer this a lot better and I will not be using a code red anymore after using this rest
    Elite Energy 32

Thanks guys. I did like the QAD on your bow Mike and like the fact that it stayed full containment until the arrow was released. Anyone happen to have a used one laying around? Lol

I might have found one used... Stay tuned

Found a QAD on Craigslist... Thanks dblung now I will see if I can set it up lol
    Last edited by Foxtail; 05-26-2015 at 07:11 PM.

You will be happy
    Elite Energy 32

The new ripcord ace works just like the QAD HDX

Set the rest up last night, still need to tune it but just shooting in the basement it works pretty good. No contact that I can see. Don't have the clamp or a draw board so I served the cord onto the cable just snug so it could activate the rest but slip on the cable when the rest hit the stop. So drew my bow till the rest came all the way up and hit the stop and then drew the rest of the way. The cord slid up the cable a bit and I bounced off the back wall a few times then let down and served it in tight. Perfectly timed.