Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 1p Tent Options?

Re: Best 1p Tent Options?

Said tent.

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/te...flex-2/product

Extremely pleased with it.
    Been caught in heavy rain, pelting wet snow......was snug as a bug.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Tarptent Stratospire 2. Awesome 2 person, 3 in a pinch. Under 3 lbs and has never let me down, even in some horrendous mountain weather.

All season capable--will handle moderate snowfall.Strong dual trekking pole support.Double wall, dual entry, and dual large vestibules.Separate living compartment clips up to fly and iscompletely removable.Fly and interior can be set up independently.Interior can widen to fit 3 standard width pads.Interior never gets wet during entry, exit, setup ortakedown in storms.Very roomy with steep walls and excellent headroom.Fast pitch—2 minutes from sack to pitched.Reflective spectra cord guyline

https://www.tarptent.com/stratospire2.html
    Last edited by Stresd; 05-25-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Stresd would the stratospire be good for 2 people and a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    Stresd would the stratospire be good for 2 people and a dog?
    HasTwo vestibles that will handle a 7200 pack in each and still have room for boots, rifles etc and my 85 lb mutt.

Awesome, leaning towards that tent

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    HasTwo vestibles that will handle a 7200 pack in each and still have room for boots, rifles etc and my 85 lb mutt.

That's a cool rig! If you want to leave set up for day of hiking I take it your poles need to be left with it?

They sell a replacement pole kit for the tent as well. My SS1 comes in at 3lbs with the replacement pole set. Nice and sturdy too.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    That's a cool rig! If you want to leave set up for day of hiking I take it your poles need to be left with it?
    I have the replacement pole set for if I am staying in one place and need my poles. Only takes a sec to switch them out. They are No where as sturdy as the Hiking poles in rough weather though.

2 extra 8" pegs and the replacement poles are what I would add to the order if you are buying the tent from Henry.

https://www.tarptent.com/cgi-bin/sur...&fromcat=00011
    Last edited by Stresd; 05-27-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ive got the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 as well, so does my hunting partner, with the footprint it comes in at 3 lbs and packs small. You can put 2 people in it but I wont...unless its my wife. Its wide enough for 2 sleeping pads and thats it. It is also a free standing tent if you wanted to just take the fly, but early sheep season there is too many skeeters to do it comfortably. I also have a Sierra Designs lighting 3 man which comes in at 6lbs and is pretty much bullet proof, On a goat hunt we had a brutal storm blow in, the tent was slapping down on our sleeping bags from the high gusts and it held its own. Splitting this up btw 2 people is the same as the Big Agnes weight. I like my own space though. having 2 smaller tents gives you a good option as far as spiking out goes. We also carry 1 sil tarp.
    Just bought a flu creek ul2 but dont like the vent in the foot area. Looks like your feet could get wet easy in a rain storm. Have you ever had this problem?

Just picked up a hubba hubba nx, 3lb 9oz on the scale. Wss has all they'r tents 40% off this week to, good time to buy.