Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone using a pair of zeiss classic 10x40b binos

anyone using a pair of zeiss classic 10x40b binos

I inherited a pair of Zeiss Classic 10x40B binos from my grandfather. They are really clear. How good are these binos. I really don't know much about them. I wanna use these as a backup to my 10x32 swarovisions.

And info would be appreciated. anyone one using these. they seem to be as close to as clear as my swaros.
    Elite Energy 32

2. Site Sponsor

Re: anyone using a pair of zeiss classic 10x40b binos

There BETTER then your Swarovski's RJ

nope my swaros are more clear and chrisp right to the edges. and the zeiss arent. but they are amazing clear as well. i beleive they dont have all the high tech coatings that the new zeiss have
    Elite Energy 32

I had a pair of the Zeiss's for 15 years. When my buddy had a goat tag in 2002 we were glassing a mountain 10 km away. He'd spotted a big billy over there the day before. With my Zeiss 10x40 I could make out a white spot on the mountain. My buddy's Swarovski 10x42 EL binos clearly showed it was a goat, with legs, head and body clearly discernible. A few days later I ordered a pair of Swaros and never looked back. The old Zeiss were quickly sold to a friend. For my eyes they had been good but not great binos. They also got a bit loose in center joint from use, maybe partially why they weren't as clear as the Swaros. YMMV as everyone's eyes are different.

Blockcaver

Join DateDec 2010Posts179

I had a pair of the Zeiss's for 15 years. When my buddy had a goat tag in 2002 we were glassing a mountain 10 km away. He'd spotted a big billy over there the day before. With my Zeiss 10x40 I could make out a white spot on the mountain. My buddy's Swarovski 10x42 EL binos clearly showed it was a goat, with legs, head and body clearly discernible. A few days later I ordered a pair of Swaros and never looked back. The old Zeiss were quickly sold to a friend. For my eyes they had been good but not great binos. They also got a bit loose in center joint from use, maybe partially why they weren't as clear as the Swaros. YMMV as everyone's eyes are different.

for my eyes the swaros are better too, but the zeiss are great for a backup set
    Elite Energy 32

A very good quality old school binocular probably still better than most binos on the market.

Yes they are old school.. I have the 10x40 and the 8x30..bit on the heavy side but have had both since the mid 80s they were what everybody wanted back then..they still warranty them through Gentec.. If needed... Most times the rubber eye cups need to be replaced...mine have lasted me this long so far... No need to buy something else..a Leica or Swarovski are most likely better today..for back up they will do just fine...good score on your part.

Old DARN i thought i could really get MIKEY going on this one ! lol RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Old DARN i thought i could really get MIKEY going on this one ! lol RJ
    Jeep is owned by Dodge ........... I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Jeep is owned by Dodge ........... I could be wrong
    And Dodge is owned by Fiat .... what more could you ask for ...
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......