Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 1p Tent Options?

Re: Best 1p Tent Options?

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    That said, Kifaru is a classic case of buy once cry once. Plus they hold their resale value insanely well. And sell quickly on Rokslide.

I am just outside Logan Lake most weekends from now through end of November. If you're heading up that way and want to take a look, send word.
    Yeah, I will be going the Kifaru route for a pack and there definitely will be some crying when I pay for that, but if that is the only time that pack makes me cry it will be worth it. Thanks for the offer to check the LBO out, I will be sure to let you know if I am in the neighborhood.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of it's lonely freedom."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

A second for the Hilleberg Akto, absolutely bomber and light with a couple very easy mods.

Had the Big Agnes fly creek ul1 for 4 years, great backpack tent. 2lb1oz and holding up well. Couldn't imagine not having a floor after how bad the bugs were last August in sheep country!

That's easy. Tarptent...made in the US, lightweight, tough, and affordable. I got the three man, Cloudburst last summer. Incredable at just 3-4 lbs! https://www.tarptent.com/

Just order direct from the designer and owner, Henrey Shires. They'd be too expensive if they were in stores, so he just sells them direct to avoid all the markups.
    Last edited by KTownKiller; 05-24-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylus View Post
    The title pretty much says it all. I am looking for a good 1 man tent suitable for backpack hunting. Do you guys have any suggestions? The Kuiu Ultra Star has my attention, anyone have experience with it?
    Local Vancouver product ! RJ

https://www.taigaworks.ca/cart.php?m...ct_detail&p=12

Ive got the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 as well, so does my hunting partner, with the footprint it comes in at 3 lbs and packs small. You can put 2 people in it but I wont...unless its my wife. Its wide enough for 2 sleeping pads and thats it. It is also a free standing tent if you wanted to just take the fly, but early sheep season there is too many skeeters to do it comfortably. I also have a Sierra Designs lighting 3 man which comes in at 6lbs and is pretty much bullet proof, On a goat hunt we had a brutal storm blow in, the tent was slapping down on our sleeping bags from the high gusts and it held its own. Splitting this up btw 2 people is the same as the Big Agnes weight. I like my own space though. having 2 smaller tents gives you a good option as far as spiking out goes. We also carry 1 sil tarp.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Had the Big Agnes fly creek ul1 for 4 years, great backpack tent. 2lb1oz and holding up well. Couldn't imagine not having a floor after how bad the bugs were last August in sheep country!
    That is a good thing to consider. Between you and Rob Big Agnes is sounding pretty good right now.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of it's lonely freedom."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Is Integral Designs still a Canadian outfit, or are they made overseas now?

If I had the choice of a good garbage bag or a KUIU tent, I'd take the garbage bag without hesitation. I would NEVER buy a KUIU tent, period.

The Hilleberg Akto is hard to beat. The new Enan looks like a heck of a cool tent as well. Hilleberg makes some amazing gear and the Akto has been tried and tested and is the 'standard' IMO.

I have a Tarptent SS1 but have minimal use out of it so far. Hope to put it to the test some more this summer. BA makes some great tents as well, but no first hand experience from me.

Sylus

I have a MSR Carbon Reflex 2.
    2lbs and change.
    Compact, premium quality and can handle weather.

If you just need a tent for a trip or two this fall...I have no issue offering this tent to you.
    Just pay the shipping...return it when done.

Cheers.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea