Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Indian River road

Re: Indian River road

Quote Originally Posted by RShields View Post
    We went up the Indian 2 days ago and got turned around at 8km by 1.5' - 2' of snow. Got out and hiked for a bit but were postholing and didn't look like it was going to ease up anytime soon. A couple more weeks.

Crazy. I remember the last time I went there, June 5, 2003. My wife wanted to go for her 50th birthday and we easily drove right thorough.

Does anyone know about a new washout up there? I heard that the road was impassable again ?

I was there on June 15 and there was still too much snow at the summit to get through. Should be better now. There's a sign at the entrance that says the bridge is out which would be approx 1/2 Km after the summit. I was going to walk through the snow to check it out but it was too brutal trudging through the snow.

We were up there a fair bit last fall and the 10km crossing wasn't so bad. Stock 4x4 made it through just fine. Going to take another run at it this week to see if we can get in - I'll let you know how it goes.

We were up there yesterday. 10km is passable but there is a pretty decent sized landslide at about 16km. Quads/bikes are good to go - maybe a HC Jeep with a good driver. Saw lots of Elk sign above the canyon waters.