Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Turkey Season Showcase

The 2015 Turkey Season Showcase

The 2015 turkey season is coming to a close, but not with any disappointment. An early spring brought on one of the most eventful seasons of the last few years with some intense, action filled days. Cold morning sits turned into blue bird days. The birds were hot and thunder was rolling through the bush.

Lets share, celebrate, brag, chat, and show off your 2015 turkey season!

May the 2015 Turkey Seasons Showcase begin!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The 2015 Turkey Season Showcase

The morning brew

That's some steep looking turkey country there! Successful?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    That's some steep looking turkey country there! Successful?
    yes sir its been very successful, multiple mornings of gobbles, flydowns, 80 yard hold ups, shy birds, loud birds, surrounded by birds, getting busted, lots of SNOW!
    birds at 10 yards (missed that one...) one bird down and still at it for our second one, its been a season we will never forget.
    how about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by wildseasons View Post
    yes sir its been very successful, multiple mornings of gobbles, flydowns, 80 yard hold ups, shy birds, loud birds, surrounded by birds, getting busted, lots of SNOW!
    birds at 10 yards (missed that one...) one bird down and still at it for our second one, its been a season we will never forget.
    how about yourself?
    Very successful. Had my doubts as the birds were non-responsive and uncooperative, but we went 4 for 4. We covered a lot of ground and lots of running and chasing toms that were smartened up. had 2 come in text-book but got only one of them. Tons of fun. A couple of guys, new to the area tagged out and were happy. I planned on getting one with my bow, but he hung up at 35 - 40 yds even though I had 2 hens feeding 15 yds from me. He took the hens and headed for other parts. Chased him all over the hillside and gave up and while I was setting up a trail cam near by blind, he followed me in and gobbled at 30 yds and ran.....bugger! 5 hours later, after chasing some more birds that were smarter than me, I returned to finish my blind and while clucking at a couple of whitetails that I jumped 20 yds from the blind, he answered from 20 yds the other side! A short stealthy stalk when he wasn't looking and, as I had brought my shotgun along, he was mine. Almost sad actually.

A turkey vulture signalling the start of turkey season. They will come into a call within seconds and you won't see a turkey if they do.

Some places we hunted were steep too!

My tom...
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

brez sounds like you had a great season aswell! great photos.

Nice tom Brez, congratulations.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

The most important thing when that tom comes running in, remain unseen!

A friendly reminder -

One Turkey per season, per region is the current B.C. bag limit. I do realize those of you creating and contributing to this thread are typing about multiple individuals Hunting. That said, many folks I've spoken with this year have no clue and think they can kill a bunch of birds (not that it's possible for them to... Finding birds is the hardest part!) Hopefully if anyone sees this who doesn't know, the post will be of service.

Congrats to everyone, thanks for sharing your stories here! Looks like I'm about to go without a Spring Turkey for 2015, myself... Maybe I'll be able to get out once more!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 05-13-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Only one bird, as well as a fresh new one of these.