Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual Bear Predator Call

Re: Manual Bear Predator Call

Thanks to all who replied!

I was 99% sure that it was totally legal, but the guy seemed very confident I was going to be breaking a lot of rules by using it. I have had a couple of experience similar like that in that store... I hate going in there, but I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else.

HarryToolips - Grass trick sounds pretty useful - going to try it out on the next hunt as well!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arrows132 View Post

I was 99% sure that it was totally legal, but the guy seemed very confident I was going to be breaking a lot of rules by using it. I have had a couple of experience similar like that in that store... I hate going in there, but I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else.

HarryToolips - Grass trick sounds pretty useful - going to try it out on the next hunt as well!! Thanks!
    Better to ask if your not sure about something. Good luck bringing them in!

Calling bears is as fun as it gets, I've seen quite a few bears this season so I haven't had to do much calling but when I did it was a thrill. I used a rabbit distress call just like you mentioned, when the bears came they came in hot, huffin and puffing, I assume to scare away the predator that was causing the rabbit distress, they also get remarkably close before they show them selves. have at er and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by arrows132 View Post

He might have been wrong, it's better then trying to sell you something, and not giving a shiit whether its legal or not, I suppose....

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    He might have been wrong, it's better then trying to sell you something, and not giving a shiit whether its legal or not, I suppose....
    If you are selling something you should know if it is legal or not. If he was wrong in the other direction about something else it could have been terrible results for the consumer. As the original poster said he has gotten other conflicting information from the same place. I would like to know where it is and stay clear of it
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

A guy in a hunting store, that sells them, didnt want to sell it to you?? Whats wrong with that statement......

Anyways, when you do go out, if you've never called before understand that when you do these bears can see you from a mile away, and the bears mind is that your prey, injured, weak, whatever. When ive called ive almost had to shoot small bears because they full out charged and stalked me. Even when standing up yelling at them, they still tried charging thinking i was food. Enough to get the blood going for sure, in one case i called a bear in from down below, and it was running up the hill at me, when my brother said behind you, and 100 yards behind was another one full tilt coming down at me.

Have fun!
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade