Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

Re: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

After years of pretending I was doing anything but when I went hunting, I no longer worry about what the neighbours think. I am now married to a woman who sees it as bringing home the meat for the family. And by the way, she says to me, when you shoot a bear can we get the hide made into a rug? It is what it is, and I am proud to show off what I bring home.

Talking Re: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

I tied a dozen eggs on my truck canopy & drove through town today and no one noticed. I wasn't a bit disappointed, and no one got on the anti-hunting bandwagon at me. Go figure.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Re: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

Hunters should not be ashamed...it's these bloody anti hunting, anti this anti that animal rights people who should be ashamed. Because they do not understand, they set out to ruin things for everyone else.... if they believe that shooting a moose, deer, elk or what have you is cruel compared to picking up those sterile white styrofoam packages of hamburger, I say they need to take a visitor's tour through a meat packing plant. The only difference is that you don't have any direct link to the killing of the animal, you're just eating it anyways. I guess I'm lucky that I live in an area where nobody harasses me if I hang my deer in the barn or from a hanging pole in the yard, it's fairly commonplace around here.