Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

Re: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

that picture was a very good example of very poor shot placement.
    Yes I agree but the Yote looked dead to me and I doubt any Palatable Meat was wasted there, noone seems to eat Dogs anymore anyways.
    Ever seen a Yote die in a snare...not too pretty either

BTW the Horrific offensive pic of a dead coyote was not mine........it's been floating around the net for quite sometime....

Surprisingly enough though Folks the results of Shooting an animal with a High Powered Rifle are often not pretty.........it is what it is.
    I just find that alot of Hunter's stories and pics that get posted seem to gather alot of Critique from fellow Hunters because they often do not fit the ideal of what a Hunting pic should reflect........not sure what that is ???

Hell Guys get $hit now for smiling in thier pics cause they shouldn't be Happy they Killed something

Noone ever said Killing something was easy or clean and perfect.

If this offends you maybe you should take up Golfing

Quote Originally Posted by pupper
    some people like killing for the sake of killing and like to showcase gore and it looks bad for the whole group of hunters
    Well I guess you've got me all figured out then............

I never hide the fact i am a hunter, this is a pic of us as we were just leaving moosecamp 06. A 20 hour road trip home and not one bad look or comment. Everyone would give us the "thumbs up" as they pass by.
    We even had a group of texan's follow us for about 50 km just to take pic with the rack.

Im Not Ashmed To Hunt.Or Display What I Kill.It's A Way Of Life.If Ppl Dont Like It To Bad They Can Turn There Heads..Im Not Going To Delibreatly Go Out Of My Way To Gross Ppl Out But If They Do Oh Well

Quote Originally Posted by rageous
    I never hide the fact i am a hunter, this is a pic of us as we were just leaving moosecamp 06. A 20 hour road trip home and not one bad look or comment. Everyone would give us the "thumbs up" as they pass by.
    We even had a group of texan's follow us for about 50 km just to take pic with the rack.

haha thats a sweet loking pic.thanks for showing haah

Talking Re: Should Hunter's be Ashamed ???

I agree with Will 110 per cent - and it is our legal right, is it NOT? However.. and I use the term loosely, time and experience has taught me that the more I can remain anonymous in the things that I do (and I'm NOT talking illegal here), but just everyday stuff, like hunting for one, and/or other things which might draw attention to me, then I can avoid being hassled, pigeon-holed or have my life made miserable one way or another by the people who imo I could do without, like bullies, ahs and those who take delight in making my life hell. I don't know what you all think, but isn't there enough out there to deal with every day without actually calling for more? I'm not a malicious person and I try to do no harm, so I feel no shame or cowardice because I will not back away from a deliberate challenge/threat. So I can well relate to how Will is feeling and agree with him, but then who said life was going to be a picnic? Just MY $2.00 worth. END SERMON. LOL!

Yes and it makes me sad.

I personally like rack displays and like that moose rack on the winch, If someone was offended by that I think they are a little sensitive, but if it meant we would lose rights as hunters I would be willing to not display the rack.

I think that the whole animal over the fender would look a little harsh.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

I
    You can do what you want but like it or not we now live in a PC world and sometimes it sucks, but if we as hunters want a voice, privelages, and freedom we will have to play by the rules of society otherwise run the risk of being outlawed for disrespectful behavoir.
    There is no reason that we cannot "dictate" the rules about the hunting perception, to society.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

As a hunter I like being under the radar which I think we are as a group. Hunting isnt promoted unless you grow up in a pro-hunter home and it is too bad for the individuals who miss out on such a great experience. Society is obivously too sensitive towards hunting and is somewhat agianst us. If we stay under the radar and not make too much noise we can enjoy this incredible priveladge. Not that I agree with staying quite and passive, but if it means keeping hunting around I am willing to be in the "underground" group we call hunters.

the gun registry is just one example of the red tape it takes to get into hunting. Society is just going to keep making it more difficult and keep building fences around us.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Society is just going to keep making it more difficult and keep building fences around us.
    And the reason that this is happening? Because we LET it happen. We don't stand up ourselves (or others that are similar to us) when we need to, and we passively hide.

By going "underground" we distance ourselves form the public, and the public stop supporting us. When people knew that their neighbor or the guy they worked wiht was a hunter/shooter- and he was a normal, respectable person- hunting/shooting was considered a "normal" activity.

When people dont' "know" any hunters, they will come to thier own conclusions about what/who a hunter is, and what he is. And thier own conclusions are almost always negative.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!