Thread: 7-43 Access

7-43 Access

Quick question for those who are familiar with the Chowade river area. We plan on heading that way in early October. Have quads, and are willing to do some hiking. I have read a lot on past posts here that some access where bridges are washed out, or there are access fees to pass. My question is this; best way in without paying fees, and trail conditions? Any help would be great.

Nick

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-43 Access

Gentleman, anybody able to throw this fella a bone?

Have not been to the Chowade yet this year. Buddy tried but to much snow so far. The bridge on the Chowade was washed out last year but I believe in the fall when water is low you can get across in places, especially in October. This info is about the 95 Road access. Do not know what it is like from the Cypress mile 143 side. I am going to try and check out the 95 road side in a couple of weeks. Will repost then.

We hunted that area for years. That bridge has been washed out for 5 years or so. if your speaking of coming in from the farrell creek fsr then north up the horshoe way rd from hudson hope. About 20km up the horseshoe road there is the bridge that I speak of over the chowade. We have seen quads crossing that river left of the bridge. Down stream there are deep pools hard access. People camp on either side of the bridge with vehicle access but quads or hiking required to cross.

Nate

Can come in from Cypress Creek Rd at Pink Mountain, follow the road until you get to the burn, down the hill to Big Creek. Can quad from there in the back country around Chowade. Lots of country back there, most roads are good, just thick as logging was years ago.

You can also come in from the Halfway-Graham FSR to the washed out bridge, where you will have to cross the Chowade downstream of the bridge to get to the back country.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Thanks very much guys.