Thread: Where to put in for a moose this year?

Where to put in for a moose this year?

I hear from my friend,moose numbers are way down in PG....that was always my LEH first choice.If we didn't get a draw(mostly we don't) then it's a long drive to the BC/Yukon border for an 'any bull'GOS .I'd sure like to find a closer area than the Swift River (32 hours drive) to get a reasonable chance for a bull.
    The ideal spot would have moose,deer and elk,and reasonable odds of getting an LEH moose draw.Actualy,I'm not fussy,getting a white tail or an elk would be just fine,if no moose were harvested
    any ideas?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to put in for a moose this year?

Hmmm lots of lakes just south of the swift area that are fly ins and as good as gold for moose..
    If someone huys Russ Cummings area that may make a plane on the border an inexpensive moose fly in...Swan Lake.
    Steer clear of west of williams lake..anticipate shyte to hit the rotating oscillator..
    Steven
    Have names of numerous lakes with plenty of moose..

There's gos a lot closer than that...

Oh I see 'any bull' is what you want. I'd keep putting in for pg if I were you. There are lots of moose there just hike in off the roads to get away from the road warriors

Never done a fly in ,but it sounds interesting.I like 'any bull' mainly because I'd hate to shoot what I thought was a legal bull...until I walked up on it

[QUOTE=srupp;1635054]Hmmm lots of lakes just south of the swift area that are fly ins and as good as gold for moose..
    If someone huys Russ Cummings area that may make a plane on the border an inexpensive moose fly in...Swan Lake.

There are some awesome lakes south of Swift lake. Is there a plane based anywhere nearby now? Nearest might be Atlin.

....alaska

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

My trail cam pictures are proving the no moose, or low moose population in and around PG to be true!! Last year was my first year with a 7+ pack of wolves on my camera!! Geared up this spring with some essential wolf hunting gear for next winter!! I'm heading north this year for moose, and I usually have a pretty good handle on where the moose are around PG! Good hunting to you guys this year! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Just don't put in for where I am putting in. And I won't tell you where I am putting in that is just to make sure you will not be putting in for where I am putting in.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

7B has been successful for me with moose

I don't usually tell people where I hunt, and when I do I usually lie....but I would take advantage of the any bull gos