Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bowhunter superstore

Re: bowhunter superstore

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    They shipped me the wrong bow. Even in the wrong box with a different part number. I walked across the border and paid duty. Did not realize it was the dual cam bow instead of the single cam version. When I contacted them they wanted me to ship it back on my dime. They also didn't have the bow I wanted and didn't know when they would get it. I just kept the bow and never dealt with them again (my wife wasn't picky).They do have good prices though.
    I don't know about good prices. The surge that I pd $435 for here on the island is $389 there and I'm assuming that's USD. That's like $518 Cdn and they are down there .......my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind View Post
    Bowhunter Superstore - terrible. Bowhunter Supply Store - great to deal with. Hope you get your refund sorted out.
    ok...so Bowhunter Supply Store...located in GA.......PSE Surge $399 + 43.55 shipping = 442.55 USD = approx$590 CDN then any duty & taxes at border vs $435 CDN + taxes= $487 Cdn landed HERE.. I see the variety on these sights but......local business pricing can still be better and my experience is that locals are able to help you with day to day stuff as well.
    So while I look at the sights for research and comparison..I always shop local for anything that is even close in price.
    I've shopped internet for many years and my personal test is that unless the posted interenet price in US is 50% of canadian it doesn't pay. I buy local.

my $.02

I did use huntersfriend when I bought my Bear Truth in 06 because no one had it up here. Found them to be very good to deal with.

People shouldn't be paying duty on bows made in the U.S. for personal use. Just PST and HST.
    I have dealt with Bow Hunter's Super Store and Lancaster Archery many times, and have never had an issue with either.
    Last edited by Riverbc; 04-25-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    ok...so Bowhunter Supply Store...located in GA.......PSE Surge $399 + 43.55 shipping = 442.55 USD = approx$590 CDN then any duty & taxes at border vs $435 CDN + taxes= $487 Cdn landed HERE.. I see the variety on these sights but......local business pricing can still be better and my experience is that locals are able to help you with day to day stuff as well.
    So while I look at the sights for research and comparison..I always shop local for anything that is even close in price.
    I've shopped internet for many years and my personal test is that unless the posted interenet price in US is 50% of canadian it doesn't pay. I buy local.

my $.02
    I didn't say anything about cheaper or whatever. I just said they were great to deal with. With the dollar where it's at right now it is making everything a lot more expensive. That being said a lot of the local places don't carry a lot of products or seem to be aware of a lot and it's just easier to order it from down south. Not my preference but the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind View Post
    I didn't say anything about cheaper or whatever. I just said they were great to deal with. With the dollar where it's at right now it is making everything a lot more expensive. That being said a lot of the local places don't carry a lot of products or seem to be aware of a lot and it's just easier to order it from down south. Not my preference but the truth.
    I understand that we all have different experiences but my experience is that anything I want right now IS available in Canada. The local store that I deal with has a wall bull of bows and told me this afternoon that he has more inventory on the way.....margins may not be as high as they were but seems like some locals are stepping up and stocking...my $.02