Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh the Dilema....

Re: Oh the Dilema....

Go by a gun cabinet and install it than go buy a rifle and install it in the cabinet inform girlfriend that she can't have access because she is unlicensed. If girlfriend walks out on you call you mates and throw a party because you dodged a bullet. Women who are afraid of inanimate object tend to be on low side of intelligence and make very poor partner's and living companions.

The forum Fly BC has lots of great info on fly fishing, join up! http://flybc.ca/

Cheers!

Move out...
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Simple... Let her know the gun came before her....

also... Since you are taking up fishing.... Remember... Always more fish in the sea...

hunting ing is a sport that is expensive and takes time. If she isn't onside with the guns call it quits now because it will always be a friction point.

Try educating her on the subject, then take her out shooting small caliber guns like a 22. If she is still standing her ground get rid of her. Find a women that lets you enjoy the stuff you like to do. Sounds harsh but if shes not willing to let you do what you enjoy then in the long run you will not be happy

My wife was totally against hunting and firearms and she has done a 180. She has no interest to go hunting or shooting but totally supports my interest to do so. Even though see enjoys the spoils of a successful hunt. After i got a bunch smokies made out of my bear last year, she's been telling me i need to go get another one. She has gone hunting with me for the first time this year but i haven't connected on anything while shes with me, so we'll see how that goes. lol
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Take her target shooting even if it is just a pellet gun to start. 22 is another great option. Keep it fun and show her safe handling and storage. Go to a range you can rent a firearm even. Even having her hold one of your friends rifles could be a starting point.

Ask her why she fears firearms and the reasons behind it. Explain to her it is no different from a car it is the operator that controls the firearm and both are completely safe used correctly. As I have told many people an unloaded firearm sitting on a table is no more than a chunk of metal.

Other than that your options are bowhunting or get a new Ol lady.

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    I had a similar issue when I met my wife,,,convinced her to come to the range and I would "look after her" and keep her safe,,,ou trust me right? Once there got her shooting a 22 pistol, then a 9mm, then she turned to me and said..quote.."this makes me horny"...I handed her another clip, now shes an avid shooter and hunter
    I guess you take your wife to the range a lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by keoke View Post
    As for fly fishing contact your local flyshop and take a fly fishing seminar.
    Best advice. Books and videos are OK but hands on training with a qualified person is the way you will learn. Always good to have someone watch you and give you tips.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Tell her you will keep the guns out of the house if she keeps her mother out.

Jesus, you guys are tough. Guns are a rational fear for someone who has never been exposed to them.
    "Dave's a killer"

"Good? Bad? I'm the one with the gun!"