Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh the Dilema....

Re: Oh the Dilema....

There is a great informative DVD by Joan Wulff (wife of the inventor of the Royal Wulff fly) on the basics of fly casting. Its very informative and gives good visuals, if you can get your hand on it I highly recommend it. Although if you can't, you can PM me and we can figure out you borrowing my copy. Good luck with getting the GF to see the light with regards to firearms in the house.
    See the swing...hear the ding!

I had a similar issue when I met my wife,,,convinced her to come to the range and I would "look after her" and keep her safe,,,ou trust me right? Once there got her shooting a 22 pistol, then a 9mm, then she turned to me and said..quote.."this makes me horny"...I handed her another clip, now shes an avid shooter and hunter

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    I had a similar issue when I met my wife,,,convinced her to come to the range and I would "look after her" and keep her safe,,,ou trust me right? Once there got her shooting a 22 pistol, then a 9mm, then she turned to me and said..quote.."this makes me horny"...I handed her another clip, now shes an avid shooter and hunter
    Wow, now that is wife material!!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of it's lonely freedom."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I don't know much about fly fishing but I have learned over the years not to let a woman dictate what I can or can't do. My current girlfriend had never been shooting but I brought her when we first met and she love it, now we're looking into getting her a PAL and her CORE

She's deathly afraid of guns? Boy, our left-wing CBC has done its job well
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

It starts in the schools , kids are taught to fear guns. Unless it is in a video game of course then shooting and maiming is ok.

Fear is the first reaction to something unknown . Find out why she feels that way and try to show her the errors.

If she can't get over it and you can't get over her , fly fishing is a good pass time .
    A good book is "The Gilly , a Flyfishers Guide to British Columbia"
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

What HarryToolips said. Teach her that guns don't kill, not matter what. I takes a human to make the gun work. A responsible person will never point a gun in a dangerous way.

Start her off with small calibers first. Letting her shoot a 12ga. first time out will only increase her fear.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

EDUCATION is what she needs. Nothing else will change her unjust fear of something she has only misguided opinions about.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I would go with your first option you mentioned (Suck it) If she bolts it was never meant to be anyway.