Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Observer’s grizzly trophy hunt investigation hits legislature

Vancouver Observer’s grizzly trophy hunt investigation hits legislature

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vancouver Observer’s grizzly trophy hunt investigation hits legislature

What a load of crap once again. This area has had a pile of population studies done by Cedar Meuller for the Nature Conservancy,(which was done with out permission of the MOE the first few years). The MOE then used her study for a population estimate.
    An anti hunter and a bear lover she has admitted the population was more then expected and was high enough that government would open up a season. This made her sad.She is a perfect example of a biologist that is in it for herself and not the bear.

One of the most difficult facts I have had to face in life, starting when I was very young, highly idealistic and studied under several rather famous bios, was that YUP, many of them as with so many RPF level foresters WERE-ARE in it for reasons not entirely altruistic.

An **old**man now, almost 63 years of active BC bush experience behind me and some education to try to learn a bit about the world we inhabit, I am skeptical almost to the point of cynicism.......but, that is just the way humans usually seem to be..............

what to do...not voting liberal next time around, and it don't look like ndp is the way to go either...
    Hopefully someone gets it together at some point?????...maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    what to do...not voting liberal next time around, and it don't look like ndp is the way to go either...
    Hopefully someone gets it together at some point?????...maybe???
    I would think the best case scenario is for the Libs to get in with a minority government. This will hold them accountable. The Ndp will be the kiss of death for grizzly hunting, and the Conservatives won't get in this go around.
    I can see the Conservatives taking enough votes to get the NDP in and wreck the province once again.

yup, not a good situation this time around for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I would think the best case scenario is for the Libs to get in with a minority government. This will hold them accountable. The Ndp will be the kiss of death for grizzly hunting, and the Conservatives won't get in this go around.
    I can see the Conservatives taking enough votes to get the NDP in and wreck the province once again.

It will be a Green-NDP administration, they are working to cooperate as we speak and most BCers are worried about getting a family MD, education and all the other issues that the NDP has tended to make *theirs*.

As to *wreck the province*, could they do that more brutally than the Harper-Clark duo has done so far.......

Dunno, not very sure about any of them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    It will be a Green-NDP administration, they are working to cooperate as we speak and most BCers are worried about getting a family MD, education and all the other issues that the NDP has tended to make *theirs*.

As to *wreck the province*, could they do that more brutally than the Harper-Clark duo has done so far.......

Dunno, not very sure about any of them anymore.
    What are some things that the NDP did so well before?

Have we all forgotten:

Cost overruns on the Island Highway?
    Fast Ferries?
    Moe Sihota and his never ending drama?
    The debacle surrounding Glen Clark and his infamous deck?
    Loss of the grizzly LEH and subsequent reinstatement by those dirty Liberals?
    The Fudget Budget going into an election which they won a majority on only to admit that they FLAT OUT LIED?

The best way to do something about the Liberals is for each one of us to hold our own MLA's feet to the fire.

Any hunter who thinks life in BC will be better for anybody under an NDP government is naïve at best and plain old stupid at worst.

I did not say that life under the NDP would be better and I am not *stupid*; my simple point was about certain political connections that I see developing in BC and Canada, as a whole.

The list of supposed faux pas by various Dippers can be countered with those by Campbell-Clark, but, I am not interested in doing this as I do not support the NDP.

The best way to do something about the Liberals, among the worst governments in BC history, is to vote them out of office!

This quote from the article caught my attention.

By summer 2014, the Tshilqot'in won an historic Supreme Court land rights decision, and an an agreement was made to allow five guide outfitters to operate on Title land, none of which have grizzly hunt quotas.

Was the government involved with negotiating the agreement to allow the outfitters to operate on the Title land?

Has the government done anything to help gain access for BC Resident hunters?