Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ 2015 - the huntin part

NZ 2015 - the huntin part

Well, for my 55th birthday I figured I needed to do something special...so I booked a trip to New Zealand at the SCI show in Feb 2014. My .275 was tested during the 2014 fall deer season and it was deemed more then up to the task. So after a year long wait I finally left on March 1st and stayed for a whole month. It is an absolute incredible place!!!
    I spent a week hunting and 3 weeks fishing and sight seeing...not near long enough to see all the sights on the South island. I based the trip out of Christchurch and stayed off and on at the Te Oka Lodge in Kaiapoi, just like staying with family. Pete and Carolyn were great and Pete is a dyed in the wool huntin and fishin fanatic...it was perfect. March there is our September so the weather was cooling off and the stags were starting to ROAR!! Their roar is crazy....especially up close, gets the blood movin alright.
    Now that I have been once and kinda know the process I'll be going back next March....just for the fishing

the fishing part is in the pic forum....
    Last edited by Rugersingle; 04-21-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Octagon Barrels are "in"...they were never "out"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: NZ 2015 - the huntin part

That looks like an awesome trips
    would love to see more.

Wicked!!!!

Incredible! A "Dream Hunt" for sure! Too many people leave taking the time, and spending the money for a trip like yours until they retire, then find out the hunt is very, very hard on them. You have to make the trip when you've still got your health, and can enjoy it to the fullest! Congrats on some fine looking animals!

Great photos, nice animals, Congrats.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Great trip!!!
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Cool!

A DIY trip to NZ is on my bucket list. Just need to retire before my body does.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Incredible, my NZ hunt is late May, I hope I get a fallow buck like yours

I'm doing a week fishing and sight seeing and 3 days hunting, can't wait

wicked!!! cant wait to go back myself!

Great post! Looks like you had the trip of a lifetime. I'd much rather go to NZ than Africa for a hunt.

I spent a month on the north island with my wife and we really enjoyed the country and its people! I've told my wife that the next trip is to the south island but that I am either going for 10 days before her or after her for a hunt! She hasn't warmed to the idea so might have to convince our daughter to come along with her!! Thanks for the tips on who/where to stay!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."