Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting involved

Getting involved

I am curious to find out what it takes to become a member of GOABC,because if enough people join this association could we not as having the majority to change the allocation back to where it was.Seriously why fight them if we can join and have the majority votes we could accomplish a lot don't you think?We have a lot of stakeholders that can influence and elect people and change policy.Just putting it out there for discussion.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Getting involved

Quote Originally Posted by 270ruger View Post
    I am curious to find out what it takes to become a member of GOABC,because if enough people join this association could we not as having the majority to change the allocation back to where it was.Seriously why fight them if we can join and have the majority votes we could accomplish a lot don't you think?We have a lot of stakeholders that can influence and elect people and change policy.Just putting it out there for discussion.
    good idea but unfortunately you have to be an outfitter to have a vote. Associate members get to hang out with royalty. Lol
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

so how do we become an outfitter?

Quote Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
    so how do we become an outfitter?
    First you have to go to plumber school. So you can deal with all the shit they throw at you.

hahahahaha

I think that we have to find a way to get involved more in various groups that we can move their agenda more towards our agenda.There are 100,000 licensed hunters(votes) and how many fishermen also,that if we were to get involved with various organizations we could all become members and vote in directors/board members etc that understand our viewpoint.A lot of anti hunting people do the same thing they"stack the board" and vote in the people that have their best interests at heart.We should start small with one organization and work our way up.If MEC is anti hunting we need to try to get someone on their board of directors that's not, we are a large number of votes and we need to start exercising this strength.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ruger View Post
    I think that we have to find a way to get involved more in various groups that we can move their agenda more towards our agenda.There are 100,000 licensed hunters(votes) and how many fishermen also,that if we were to get involved with various organizations we could all become members and vote in directors/board members etc that understand our viewpoint.A lot of anti hunting people do the same thing they"stack the board" and vote in the people that have their best interests at heart.We should start small with one organization and work our way up.If MEC is anti hunting we need to try to get someone on their board of directors that's not, we are a large number of votes and we need to start exercising this strength.
    I like it. The spreading inkblot school of influence. Very long term goals, like the Chinese way of taking over world commerce. Indoctrinate the youth, they will be making the decisions in 25 yrs. Is there a "Young Hunters" group, like the young Liberals or NDP??

Sorry, I don't agree. The G.O."s are running a business, plain and simple. They are doing what is best for them and their business (as any business owner should !).

What we need to do is make sure the Gov. is not giving them more than they should receive, that is a Gov. issue, not a guide outfitter issue. The issue isn't so much that that they are "asking" as it is the Gov. is "giving" if you follow ....

I don't like what has been going on but I don't blame the Guide Outfitters for asking and pushing their agenda, I am angry at the Gov. for allowing it.

the government made the changes, not goabc.
    it would be the government that would need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    the government made the changes, not goabc.it would be the government that would need to be changed.
    And they will 2017