Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Wolf Hunt Vid!

Re: Excellent Wolf Hunt Vid!

Sorry, turn your PC off for 5 min, then turn back on...
    If that doesn't work, let us know, someone might have another suggestion..

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    That is Trevor from Fort Mac, he is running tracks I sold him, and he is a friends of Marc's. He is on the cover of a magazine for the two wolves with one shot. I think he told me it is something (Predator ) but can not remember full name of it, the issue was last months I think. He has another video taking one wolf in the same spot the year before
    Do you know, or can you find out what caliber/ ammo, he ran there?

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    I think if that shot was couple inches lower..2 beast will be dead..well done anyways f g

He did kill two with one shot. It went through the standing wolf the laying down one never got up the other ran down river and died
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    You can see his other videos here and prob email and ask him
    https://vimeo.com/northernlensoutdoors/videos
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

awesome vid....."only 15 below today...pretty well t-shirt weather"...heheheheh

Great video! yep I was swearing at him to take the shot so he could have a two'fer! hahaha terrific
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

First time poster with a question I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer. Just curious about the "ethics" behind a 2 for 1 shot? I understand that we are dealing with predators in this situation, but being relatively new to the hunting community I was nonetheless surprised to see it. Can anyone explain to me whatever nuance I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenay_Kid View Post
    First time poster with a question I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer. Just curious about the "ethics" behind a 2 for 1 shot? I understand that we are dealing with predators in this situation, but being relatively new to the hunting community I was nonetheless surprised to see it. Can anyone explain to me whatever nuance I am missing?

Wolves are thin skinned and body- a higher power gun with a good bullet will easily go through one and into the other as you saw. If they were farther apart, you might have a deflection issue, but that guy clearly knows the capabilities of his rifle, load, and himself.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    I was watching another one of his videos and he said he was shooting a .270. Don't know if that's what he's shooting here but it looks like the same rifle to me

Jeez, my Son's working in a camp just north of Fort Mac right now, wonder if the boss would know if I hide out in his hotel room all night and ate in the big dining hall, then went out wolf hunting all day! Be great till they threw my ass out in the minus 40 degree cold I guess! And what a shot!!!