Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brambles "first kick at the can"

Re: Brambles "first kick at the can"

Excellent work! Looks great!
    See the swing...hear the ding!

Good stuff man, I love taxidermy and its sure addicting once you get hooked!! I love watching something come together!

Holy chit man, nice work! I am sure you are making a few taxidermists worried.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, only thing that is gonna need some makeup is the nose and nostrils, the nostrils were a little short but we made them work.

this cape was from this animal but someone else turned and split everything, that part of the job has always been the big ????? For me, but now that I've seen what goes on after the splitting and turning it is very clear what needs to stay and what needs to go!!!! This cape was also tanned by a tannery but the next one or two im going to tan them myself and see how that process goes!

I have 4 or 5 deer and an elk here that are nice enough to practice on once I scrounge up some more hair!
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

very nice work. Everything is better when you do it yourself even if not "perfected" the feeling you will get looking at that buck from the time you shot it until now can not be replicated.

Oh??? I--- I see you filled the head and neck area's with a Styrofoam dummy of sorts? You know, that kinda explains why the big buck I put on the wall a few years back started stink'in real bad every time I lite the wood stove up! You could hardly smell it in the mornings when it was below zero in here, but around supper time, man, I had to open the door and a window! But really, Your doing a great job, and now we all can see why it costs a few bucks to get a buck head mounted! Great Thread! Looking forward to seeing more of your mounts on here!