Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflatable boat advice

Inflatable boat advice

Fellas
    i am looking to buy an roll up style inflatable boat. looking for some advice.
    There are a ton of brands out there are the cheap Chinese made ones crap? zodiac now too has low end models so which are good which are bad. I don't want to break the bank but I also don't want junk.
    Anybody have experience with Stryker boats? They look good are sold in the lower mainland and are well priced.
    Other brands anyone could recommend
    Any other advice on configuration would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Inflatable boat advice

Hypalon material is key. Other plastics degrade in the sun. I was in the same situation a while back. Look at what you need. Mine was meant for up to 3 people max, and meant for flying in. Ended up with an Achilies 10 foot fold up. Quite a few for sale second hand for about 2/3rds price of new.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

i have two, a 14foot zodiac and a 12foot southern pacific rib from new zealand.
    both are top notch boats.

but ive found the cheaper ones out there to be quite good.
    my brother bought one recently, the name escapes me right now.
    its a lower mainland guy that sells them.
    the thing is extremely well built, i was very impressed.

what size are you considering?

The 401 Alaskan Jet Ranger with a 25 Merc jet does the trick for us. Fits nicely into the back of a plane. It never ceases to amaze me at the pounding on the river rocks the tubes can take, and still not suffer any damage.

I just sold my JP Marine. I bought it from Chris at Inlet (a sponsor here) and was very happy with the service. Their boats are incredibly well built and pretty affordable for what you get.

I wouldn't call mine a fold up. The aluminum floor is really solid and great for the ride, but it made it a pain to take the boat apart and put it back together.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

I have a 10' Brig that I've owned for about 8 years with light use. Really handy for fly-fishing lakes. Solidly built boat with dual chamber pontoons, inflatable keel and a rigid floor. New they sell for $2,900+. I'm actually going to list it for sale in the next week or so as I have come into a larger flat-bottom aluminum Jon Boat that I will be using instead.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

I, along with others I know, have had great luck with Saturn Inflatables in Toronto. Great boats for the price. The boats are made in South Korea with excellent materials. The workmanship is fantastic. The boats are glued rather than welded but I have never had a problem and most experts suggest that welding is only really needed for boats seeing heavy white-water use. The price is a great value for the dollar. No duty and "brokerage fees" coming from Toronto! The boats come with all kinds of accessories (pump, paddles, etc.). Best value for the dollar that I could find after lots of research. Can't say enough good about 'em.

Have you looked at Polaris Inflatables in Vancouver?
    Eat your dessert first.

I work as the service manager at an inflatable shop.
    My advice if you can spend enough money, buy a hypalon boat, much better than pvc.
    Achilles is a great brand, even the Chinese models are good because the solid quality control.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I looked into polaris...nice looking boats but above my price range. I would like to be closer to 2g for a 10-12 footer. When I said roll up earlier I just meant the non RIB models i would like it to have the wood / aluminum floor. Any other brand recommendations? I will look into saturns thanks Sofa. Stresd i haven't heard of that make of boat in your picture...is it older? Where is it from?
    Thanks