Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Horse trip

Summer Horse trip

Ive been lucky enouigh to have done a bit of riding north of fort nelson the last couple years, Wokkpash/Macdonald, Tetsa. Old Touchodi trail, this summer i want to try to do some riding on the prophet, Hoping Someone could point me in the right direction of where to start, i was planning on heading in somewhere near Herb and Judys farm. I have pretty fair idea how to access it from the Redfern trail, but im looking for a shorter trip for summer riding without having to take to many days off. Just Looking for a good Parking and jumping off point to cross the river and get headed up stream andsee some country, any info would be appreciated, Thanks Mike

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Summer Horse trip

Get ahold of Bridger
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

I went in through truch later in the year last year, but it would be bad bog going that way if it is wet. Really boggy. Brutal actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

herbs ranch isnt near the redfern trail.

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    What he said .... country as in ... you want to hit the mountains or ? Maybe takla cross up there somewhere

I would like to ride to prophet drainage, I would like to try going upstream from the Trutch side first and possible going west from there to chase elk on the horses in the fall, Just looking for any help on access points to get on the trail running along side the river, any tips to good staging areas and accessing trail is greatly aprreciated. Thanks Mike

Sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    Herb and Judys ranch is private property,Trutch is your only real option

Quote Originally Posted by weatherbyjunkie View Post
    Herb and Judys ranch is private property,Trutch is your only real option
    There is a trail around their place that brings you out on to the Prophet.

Go to the gymkana grounds at mile 200 trail leaves from there. Old Shell oil road takes you right to the prophet. If it's wet it is a really bad trail several miles of muskeg going across the minker flats til you hit the prophet. Prophet has some tough crossings when the water is high. Best wait til river drops after spring run off. Be careful if you haven't haven't much experience with muskeg and high water that can be a tough trip.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!