Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope Bears?

Smile Hope Bears?

I was checking the logging roads in the Silver Lake area today and saw one huge pile of fresh bear scat and nothing else. Anyone see bear sign? It was 21 degrees and green there so I figured the bears would be out.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hope Bears?

One pile of scat is better than no piles of scat!

Sounds like they are just starting to get active. I'm not sure how easy it will be this year since they aren't forced to the valley bottom for food... maybe some hanky panky in a few weeks though.

Did it look like they were starting to fix the main road at all? It's getting to be a pretty rough ride.

No the road is still pretty bumpy.....not a fun road to drive

Guessing it will be fixed the week prior to the long weekend, at which point we'll likely miss the days the road was uninviting ;-P

Yea I dunno I should prolly ask my girlfriends dad he is a park ranger in the skagit valley

I think they should be doing the roads anytime now as the website says the campgrounds open up May 1st . So maybe next week they will start. I am hoping as I am heading out to check my cams on the 28 April.

Oh wow, I thought they opened on May long. If it's May 1st that road will be good soon. I'll head back up soon and check it out... probably bump into you again!

Sure, you can hope.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Last year the rd was done early April. Wonder why the delay this year?? The gravel pit is a disgusting mess still no matter what the rd is like. Cleaned up some but need a lot more help and dump trucks to do anything that would be noticed. Don't understand some people.

ya there's some huge crt's, box spring matresses and shot up campers in that valley I want to get out... or burn and then get out. If anyone wants to organize something I'm in. I can drag stuff out of hard-to-reach areas with the jeep but we need a big flat bed to take stuff to the dump. I'll put in up to 300 for dump fees. Second half of june works for me.