Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Most recent allocation propaganda

Re: Most recent allocation propaganda

Care to make a wager as to how many times he will be told to phook off?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I expect he'll say it's only 60 animals.

I expect he's full of bullshit.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

If Minister Thomson starts going about 60 animals, residents get 93% of big game. Residents can drive 19 hour to open season. The audience should all let loose on duck calls!

Time to make some signs. "60 animals my ass"
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I expect he'll say it's only 60 animals.

I expect he's full of bullshit.
    Until RH start focusing on the number of lost opportunities instead of the meat hunting vs trophy hunting debate this will keep coming up.

Take the focus away from the kill and put it where it needs to be. All resident hunters are loosing opportunities to go out and enjoy the hunt no matter their end goal. The hunt it self brings a lot more to BC hunters than just the kill, it is about passing on tradition of the hunt through families/friends, The experiences we have during our pursuit of each species and in each location these animals live.

These things cannot be substituted for anything outside of going out and hunting.

Keep focusing on the meat/kill and you will keep being told "most animals taken by RH are GOS". The next response to come from the libs is well you spend x amount of $ to go hunting you can just buy organically raised meat with that $ instead.

Just look into success rates and it is plain to see the kill is a small portion of the hunt to many if they will openly omit it or not. Lets be honest here and stop toeing the PC line about what hunting really is. It has been brought up many times on this forum for most hunters if you factor in the cost of the hunt to price per pound of meat it is higher than buying meat.

It is posted on here all the time when someone has an unsuccessful hunt "your time in the bush is what is most important" so why the hell are we focusing on the kill in this fight?

Yes Thompson will keep throwing out 60 animals because he is going unchallenged. Nice trick he is using factoring success rates and focusing on animals taken to minimize the impact on RH hunter opportunity.

In all honesty I am starting to become really pissed about this whole allocation issue and rightly so as I am personally loosing opportunity from this along with my family/friends.

Everyone hates Thompson 60 animal stance well it is going unchallenged and it will keep standing till RH's lose of opportunity is shown.

Well said, our family, three seniors, 68+, 67+ and 77+, really cannot use much red meat and I prefer fowl and fish to anything but the best venison mince, anyway.

So, if I try to tell someone that my customized new Taco 4x4, Leica and Zeiss optics, custom knives, many highend packs, tents, s-bags and custom rifles are all about **feeding my family**, they are going to think that I am finally senile.......

I have little interest in actually killing game, now, I will ONLY kill what little we CAN eat, but, I go hunting because I love it, for the cultural and traditional aspects and to enhance and maintain my failing bush skills and exercise my weary old bod.

I think that most do much the same and most reasonable members of the BC public get this and support our heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Until RH start focusing on the number of lost opportunities instead of the meat hunting vs trophy hunting debate this will keep coming up.

Take the focus away from the kill and put it where it needs to be. All resident hunters are loosing opportunities to go out and enjoy the hunt no matter their end goal. The hunt it self brings a lot more to BC hunters than just the kill, it is about passing on tradition of the hunt through families/friends, The experiences we have during our pursuit of each species and in each location these animals live.

These things cannot be substituted for anything outside of going out and hunting.

Keep focusing on the meat/kill and you will keep being told "most animals taken by RH are GOS". The next response to come from the libs is well you spend x amount of $ to go hunting you can just buy organically raised meat with that $ instead.

Just look into success rates and it is plain to see the kill is a small portion of the hunt to many if they will openly omit it or not. Lets be honest here and stop toeing the PC line about what hunting really is. It has been brought up many times on this forum for most hunters if you factor in the cost of the hunt to price per pound of meat it is higher than buying meat.

It is posted on here all the time when someone has an unsuccessful hunt "your time in the bush is what is most important" so why the hell are we focusing on the kill in this fight?

Yes Thompson will keep throwing out 60 animals because he is going unchallenged. Nice trick he is using factoring success rates and focusing on animals taken to minimize the impact on RH hunter opportunity.

In all honesty I am starting to become really pissed about this whole allocation issue and rightly so as I am personally loosing opportunity from this along with my family/friends.

Everyone hates Thompson 60 animal stance well it is going unchallenged and it will keep standing till RH's lose of opportunity is shown.
    Reduced opportunity for resident hunters is exactly what the GOABC wants. Means less of us out there ruining their 'quality experience'.

http://www.bcandbeyond.com/moose-hunting-in-bc/

"Moose Meat is a staple in thousands of British Columbian households every year and because of this high demand they are under limited entry only for much of the province. This is a good thing for out-of-province hunters looking to book a hunt with a professional guide outfitter. We are allocated a certain number of tags for our area every year regardless of the limited entry or not. This usually leads to a hunt with very little outside hunting pressure and a high success rate."
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The Allocation issue is just a fraction of our concerns. How many of you think that it's out of the question that the Clark Government would allow GOABC to oversee and manage fish and wildlife ? You know contract fish and wildlife management out. Has it been suggested before?

I fully expect that this is what is going to happen and the Dippers, etc. may very well just leave it in place.

In the 1970s, there was a lot of BS from various feminists, foreigners and novices to the effect that certain bush jobs, most rather difficult and even dangerous, MUST be staffed by these people, regardless of ability and qualifications. These characters, also DEMANDED that the monthly salarys be doubled and when the vile Socred administration of Miniwac took power in 1975, they simply eliminated all of these positions.

They were corporatists of the worst type and so are CCs gang and they see wildlife, trees, fish and other aspects of nature as only $$$$$.

The relevance of the anecdote, simply that the NDP NEVER really restored the various useful and not costly services that Bennett, etc, had wrecked and we have paid the price in burned and wasted timber ever since.

So, yeah, I do think that this will happen and no other party IF in power will change it........