Thread: Chessie

Chessie

So the wife and I lost our beautiful chessie a few years back. Lately she's been talking a lot about getting another. We're looking around online for a reputable breeder producing good pedigree mild tempered classic Chesapeake's. Any information from anybody experienced is very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    " I think I see a light ahead..."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chessie

Check out Trinity Kennels in Vernon. http://www.trinitykennels.ca/

Dave and Sandy are great knowledgeable breeders.

Trinity has produced more than a few hunting partners over the years, many of which have shown up on here

Any dog question I suggest asking Foxton Gundogs. I don't think he breeds Chessies but he is a solid source of info on what to look for in any breeder.

Jim?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I got my chessie from Dave at Trinity Kennels in Vernon. He has been a good dog and is great in the bush. His endurance is great and for how much energy he has, he knows when to settle down and stay close while hunting. He also handles the northern winters very well. I would recommend Daves chessies based on my experiences with my dog.

Last edited by Duidery; 04-13-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks for the reply guys - much appreciated.
    " I think I see a light ahead..."

Contact Montana on this site he doesn't breed any more but can prolly point you in the. Right direction
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Google "Entry Express" its where we sign up for field trials and hunt tests. They have a classified section for Chessie pups. I will ask a couple of my buddies in the states who run them if they know of any good ones.

A friend of mine in Kelowna has a Chessie from Trinity and it is an awesome dog.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

I traded a 30-30 butt stock to Buster Van Horlick for my first chesapeake pup in 1970. A couple years later she swam the length of Troitsa Lake (11 miles in one day) behind the canoe, and wasn't even tired. Then the next day she helped pack down my first billy, and swam back. When I got home and walked in the house there was a tv show on called "Those Incredible Animals" featuring the world champion long distance dog swimmer. He was a 2 year old golden lab, and his owner was holding forth on how he had trained this dog to be able to swim 2 1/2 miles - all I could say was " oh, iz zat right?"