Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: grizzly defence question

Re: grizzly defence question

[QUOTE=.330 Dakota;1627817]I will guarantee you that the spray will turn him at a minimum,,,bears usually charge with their mouth wide open,,,spray will suck the oxygen out of them. I know one fellow that had a charging sow actually drop when hit with spray and it gave him enough time to vacate the area. Bear lived, He lived--win/win
    Old schoolers say shoot,,,spray does work Ive seen it,,,and its faster than a firearm. Good spray is effective to 25-30 feet,,[/QUOTE]

I usually get much closer when seasoning my meat, then again it isn't trying to eat me LOL sorry couldn't resist
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

https://youtu.be/PExlT-5VU-Y

Dr. Tom Smith has an interesting lecture here, especially his findings around the 40 min mark.

308 is more than sufficient for big bear at close range. The Hungry Hill grizzly was apparently taken by CO's with a 308. 9' bear, 1000 lbs - *edit - apparently it was shot by 30-06/180gr Bear Claws & 338 Win Mag 225gr Partitions, see 2nd link

http://www.westerncanadiangamewarden...12Phantom.html

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/...om-hungry-hill
    Last edited by todbartell; 04-07-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Hey just a question for you guys I can't figure out how to start a new thread on here.. What do I have to click on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mount zipper View Post
    Hey just a question for you guys I can't figure out how to start a new thread on here.. What do I have to click on?
    when in a sub forum (Mainland, Van. Island, Guns & handloading, off topic etc) click on the button that says '+ Post New Thread' in the top left portion of the page
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Find the section you want to start the thread in, Mainland British Columbia for example, and scroll to the bottom of the first page in that section. In the lower left corner is the box titled "start new thread". Best rifle or bullet threads are frowned upon, just joking.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    If you encounter a charging Boar Grizzly defending a kill, I highly doubt Bear Spray will do jack shit...
    sure it will, it will nicely season his kill.

skip all that other stuff and get one of these.

this guy was sure a whacko.
    haven't heard much of him for quite awhile.