Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB - E collar - suggestions?

Re: WTB - E collar - suggestions?

I have a Tritronic multi sport two. Only have to beep the dog. Brought it when S.I.R. were still around, They work good. The remote isn't water proof. Had to buy one batterie, For one of the collars. Bought it off of eBay. Every time I show the dog the collar, It goes nuts, Jumping up and down. It loves going for walks. And when it sees the collar it knows whats going on.

I think you may have to reset the battery on the collar. have you tried it with a friends collar?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Ya I want to reset the units but I can't find a torx bit small enough. I have a complete torx set but Garmin uses a torx on par with screws for a watch, size wise.

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Just a FYI. Tritonics was recently bought out by Garmin ( the GPS people). Since then, many people have been very dissatisfied with the customer service provided by Garmin/Tritronics.

In addition to the customer service issues, Garmin/Tritronics has stopped repairing the older models. They have discontinued replacement batteries making some of these "older" model collars obsolete.

The new collars are, as yet, unproven but there has been complaints as to collar strap size ( too narrow and cheap) no "D" ring and a few other complaints. Time will tell if the new collars will stand up and if Garmin/Tritronics will improve their customer service.

Tritronics used to be the industry standard for e-collars. Most serious, professional e collar trainers used them. Since Garmin took over, many of the old Tritronics faithful customers have switched to the Dogtra collars.
    Just talked to a friend he sent his older TriTronics to The Collar Clinic a while ago and they fixed it no problem. Second Hand info though
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Just talked to a friend he sent his older TriTronics to The Collar Clinic a while ago and they fixed it no problem. Second Hand info though
    Depends on what parts are needed.

Collar Clinic does have some parts but Garmin/Tritronics has stopped making parts for most of the older (5 or more years) models when they bought out Tritronics.

Once these parts are gone that's it......the collar becomes obsolete.

Some of the original Tritronics collars are still going strong but like everything else, it doesn't make good business sense to make something that lasts. I have a spare collar that is about 20 years old and it still works fine. I bought a new Pro 500 3 dog collar about 3 years ago and it's been back for repair twice. Last time they told me they are running out of replacement part for this unit and once their gone, their gone. This is a 3 year old collar that cost 700 dollars that will be useless next time it breaks unless I can find something used.

Tritronics used to be a great company that made a great product and took excellent care of their customers. Not so since Garmin took over. They pissed off a lot of faithful customers who will avoid anything Garmin related.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Depends on what parts are needed.

Collar Clinic does have some parts but Garmin/Tritronics has stopped making parts for most of the older (5 or more years) models when they bought out Tritronics.

Once these parts are gone that's it......the collar becomes obsolete.

Some of the original Tritronics collars are still going strong but like everything else, it doesn't make good business sense to make something that lasts. I have a spare collar that is about 20 years old and it still works fine. I bought a new Pro 500 3 dog collar about 3 years ago and it's been back for repair twice. Last time they told me they are running out of replacement part for this unit and once their gone, their gone. This is a 3 year old collar that cost 700 dollars that will be useless next time it breaks unless I can find something used.

Tritronics used to be a great company that made a great product and took excellent care of their customers. Not so since Garmin took over. They pissed off a lot of faithful customers who will avoid anything Garmin related.
    No I get you, not saying the Collar Clinic will be the end all and bee all forever but if someone has a collar go T/U its worth a try. My TT is about ready to pack it in but every time I strap it on I say a lil prayer and so far its worked lol.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

She is going thru a bit of rebellion stage. Start her back on a leash with the basics she need to be re taught who is pack leader..E collars can do way more harm than good. I only deal with German Shepherds and have had this problem before. Start from basic .Time to put on the big training panties..Good luck.

I have a sport dog model as well and works well when I need to use it with my two dogs linked..... Which isn't often since they usually obey the whistle calls. Only time they don't fully is for about the first 15 min after my truck gets to the "field" now I'll stop before I get to where I'm hunting and let them burn off a little of the spaniel ADHD brought on by the excitement.
    Strong like bull, Smart like truck

Just bought Dogtra 2000 I'llhave a report in a month or so but the real proof will be in longevity and customer service
    "BORN TO HUNT"