Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Versa Max why not?

Re: Versa Max why not?

For what its worth. i bought my first semi ever this year half way through the a season, a Browning silver and put 2 cases through it and never had a single issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I haven't shot near as much as most of the legends but I've learned a few things over the years, all guns will have problems, the ones with the most moving parts will have more than guns with less! Pretty simple concept really, autos will give ya more grief than pumps and pumps more than break actions! I switched to an auto for punt shooting about 5 years ago and have had a couple problems whereas I shot 870's for about 35 years and rarely had a problem. K

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn-Redneck View Post
    I originally posted this in the gun talk section but nobody wanted to talk about it there so I will repost it here. I have been looking at a versa max lately, I know the early runs of this gun had some issues but apparently the latest one have been very good. I am most interested in the "waterfowl pro" model. I have read thru a lot of the thread on shotgun world. Who has them and how have they been. It would be a waterfowl only gun. Buddies hunt with A400's and they are nice and may just go that way when the time comes. Just looking at another option the things they dislike about their guns are different on the versamax. Currently shooting a Benelli supernova which I like but now want a quality semi auto.
    Get yourself a Franchi Affinity. Grandson has been using his for 3 yrs. more than a thousand rounds thru it with no issues.
    P.S. He is not easy on equipment!!!!!!-----Cheers----Field Marshal.

There are used browning, beretta's and benelli's on gunnutz everyday or wk, confirm your price point and buy one. You'll probably be happy with what ever you end up with.
    If your a warranty kind of guy buy a new one, but i have found most shops are hesitant to help you once its been fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Ppoacher View Post
    There are used browning, beretta's and benelli's on gunnutz everyday or wk, confirm your price point and buy one. You'll probably be happy with what ever you end up with.
    If your a warranty kind of guy buy a new one, but i have found most shops are hesitant to help you once its been fired!
    This will be the route I probably go, kind of like to have a warranty just have to see the price difference. A lot of stuff on CGN guys ask near new prices.

There was a good looking camo 391 Xtreema II on there a week or so ago for $1200. Better gun than the A400 with a few more 'options' than the A300, I would have grabbed it if I was looking for another Waterfowl gun
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I seen it I think it sold. The guy originally wanted $1700 if it is the one I am thinking. Still a dollar short yet.

Just dont rush, watch prices for a while, get a feeling for a fair average used price and offer accordinly. Some ppl think they are selling gold but some are!
    If there's less then a case of trap threw a gun it will still be like new! Minus tax's to a couple hundred buck if fair for next to new.
    Older beat up guns you got to get a feel for.

I am in no hurry. I have some side jobs that will go towards it hopefully in a couple months I will have my poop in a group.

i shoot an older 11-87 Remie and have put thousands of rounds threw it with out a problem. Not sure about the new onea
    s but pretty happy with what I have.

t
    Resident hunter