Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Versa Max why not?

Re: Versa Max why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    "Inertia! - Inertia guns keep you shooting - when the gas stops blowing others back!"

Good one R95, I almost forgot it was April 1st Lol
    Well we have 2 SBEs in our group and both have been in for warrantee and still do not cycle all shells well. I can say out Berretta's take a licking and keep on ticking. Fowl and I shoots LOTS in all weather and none of our Berettas have every let us down, filled with mud, dust, snow or water. I am not saying SBEs aren't good guns (If I couldn't have a Beretta or a SX2or3 I'd own one)but I assure you the Gas system in Berettas do not fail and the inertia system is not the end all and the be all.

Want to to sell those SBE's Jim? I know somebody who is looking for a "lefty" if you have it.
    Last edited by Ranger95; 04-01-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

I hunt in Sask every fall and we put through a couple of cases each through our guns. One of the guys bought a Versa Max last year and had nothing but trouble with that gun. He did mention that it had already been into Remington once before the trip and it was still giving him trouble. Now granted this is just one gun in one hunting situation, but in the last 12 years the only guns that have given our group trouble seem to all have been Remington's. The first year I went I took two Remington's and sure enough the ejector pin on my 11-87 flew off into the snow. Single shot only! As soon as I got home I purchased a new Beretta Xtrema 391 and have not had any issues. Most of our group uses Beretta's and issues are rare. Good guns but if given the choice I would probably steer clear of Remington's.

They are not mine just a couple of guys who shoot in our circle. Neither are left handed though but next time they get a hangup, I'll give them your number. Probably wont have to wait to long once the new season starts lmao
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    They are not mine just a couple of guys who shoot in our circle. Neither are left handed though but next time they get a hangup, I'll give them your number. Probably wont have to wait to long once the new season starts lmao

Thats great Jim - send them my way please - everyone we shoot with use either - SBE11's or Browning A5's (or one of the other inertia guns), so we will welcome for those two into our group - might even trade you some of the old "gas stinkers" with their "O rings" and things, if you want.
    Last edited by Ranger95; 04-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

Oh I. sure if they sell they will be looking for new Berettas I think they will have learned their lessons lol
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by widger View Post
    I hunt in Sask every fall and we put through a couple of cases each through our guns. One of the guys bought a Versa Max last year and had nothing but trouble with that gun. He did mention that it had already been into Remington once before the trip and it was still giving him trouble. Now granted this is just one gun in one hunting situation, but in the last 12 years the only guns that have given our group trouble seem to all have been Remington's. The first year I went I took two Remington's and sure enough the ejector pin on my 11-87 flew off into the snow. Single shot only! As soon as I got home I purchased a new Beretta Xtrema 391 and have not had any issues. Most of our group uses Beretta's and issues are rare. Good guns but if given the choice I would probably steer clear of Remington's.
    I must concur whole heartedly, I am a strong believer in the adage "Those that can shoot a Baretta, those that can't berate them"
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

I guess I will have to rethink this idea. I know the A400 works I have seen them and have fired a couple shots. From what I had read the newest versamax was reliable. I have kind of narrowed my choice down to these two. The A400 has always been in front just trying to here some different opinions.

I do believe the SBE2 and the A400 are nice semi's but i wouldn't pass by a browning. Maxus and silver hunters are great guns aswell. There are problems with every gun manufacture but when you get a good one keep it clean and shoot it shoot it shoot it!

curtis

I shoot a Browing Gold 10 and it works great, same action and system as the Winchester SX2/3, another good gun in the same $ range as the A300 Xtreema. I own(d) and shot all 3 but given my choice for reliability and ease of shooting I would take a 391 or A300 Xtreema hands down
    "BORN TO HUNT"

I will put my stamp of approval behind the extrema 2 or the super x 3 I in no way are saying other guns do not shoot as well, just my experience...fowl
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"