Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Versa Max why not?

Re: Versa Max why not?

Extrema 2 just up on CGN for $1150. Should be a good but for anyone looking

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster View Post
    I just enquired it does not have Kick-off, you can buy an A300 Xtreema for that price new.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

A300extrema=/=a391xtrema2

no aqua coating finish and last I looked I couldn't find an a300xtrema below 1300$. It's gone up quite a bit since last summer.

This ones cheaper than the one foxton suggested picking up a few posts back. someone will be more than pleased to pick it up. Just thought I'd let guys around here have a shot at it as these don't tend to stick around long.
    Last edited by wingmaster; 04-26-2015 at 10:10 PM.

A300extrema=/=a391xtrema2

no aqua coating finish and last I looked I couldn't find an a300xtrema below 1300$. It's gone up quite a bit since last summer.

This ones cheaper than the one foxton suggested picking up a few posts back. someone will be more than pleased to pick it up. Just thought I'd let guys around here have a shot at it as these don't tend to stick around long.
    But as I stated no Kickoff which is over $400 Canadian to install. A friend of mine picked up an A300 Xtreema with Kickoff from Wholesale Sport at the end of the season for just under $1200. In my opinion so called Aqua Coating is just a ploy. If you take care of your guns there is really no need for it, we shot wood stocks and blued barrels for years and those who maintained theirs had no issues. The Kick Off feature on the other hand is much more valuable, and had the 391 you speak of had it I would be in full agreement with you.

I actually had a deal pending on this shotgun until I learned there was no kickoff. I agree with FP that the aquacoat is just window dressing. I have a A300 and a 391 both Xtreemas with KO, believe it when I say there is not much difference between the 2 and the kickoff is definitely a must for serious waterfowlers. I would definitely go for a new A300 Xtreema with KO over a used 391 without.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I have a 3' 12ga. vinci and a 20ga. Beretta A400 explor both are great shotguns. The Berreta A400 weighs just over 5lbs. no problem packing it all day in the coulees of southern Alta. for upland birds never jammed. The Vinci 's never refused a shotgun shell either but I learned my lesson with the Inertia system with a Stoeger 2000 12ga. When I first got it just like everybody else I had to shoot it. Went and shot some clays with target loads. They will try to tell you that the Inertia spring doesn't have memory but that's the only thing that can explain that after 4-5 boxes of target loads it wouldn't cycle heavy loads, became a single shot. After many Emails with Stoeger finally they sent me a new Inertia spring. Put 5-6 boxes of heavy loads Kents, Feds, Rems, Wins, the only ones it didn't like were Scores but thats OK the Vinci eats them and spits them out with no problem so I didn't waste my money on the Scores. So You SBE11 guys if you are having a problem with them not cycling bug Benelli for a new Inertia spring could solve cycling problems. As for 3.5" compared to 3" you just have to suck them in a little closer with either your calling or decoying so you don't need 3.5" with kickoff. The guns and the shells are cheaper in 3" and the birds are just as dead.

Score shells are the new "Cheap Reds" they pattern great in most guns and no one I know has any cycling problems from Berettas through Benellis, Winchester, Browning, Weatherby and Stoeger, that's not to say a particular gun can't have issues but I have yet to see any. As for 3.5", if you have it you don't have to use it but it's pretty hard to use it when you don't. We like it for late season Kevlar feathered birds. We load so our first 2 shots are 3" with a 3.5" as our 3rd shot. That way when that hard hit bird is beating a path out of Dodge, that 3rd Hail Mary shot can make all the difference in the world between a bird in the bag and one that dies on the marsh someplace. Now Kickoff IMO is a must for serious waterfowlers especially those with any kind of shoulder issues. If you shoot the odd weekend and are young and tough then maybe you don't "need" it but I can tell you when you shoot multiple days week in and week out through our long season it's a must for sure, comfort is the key to a long and happy waterfowl "career".
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 04-30-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

3.5" is a must for me. Went brant hunting this year and they are a tough bird and they land where they want in your decoys which may be on the edge of. 3" range so you need the extra poop in those cases as well this year we had some Canada's passing by needed 3.5" to reach them, they had no interest in our duck decoys, they were passing by.

3 and 1/2 inch shells are not an excuse to sky bust, if you ca not kill them with 3 inch you really shouldn't be shooting at them with 3 and 1/2 inch. Just my oppinion.

It has been said that one picture is worth a thousand words....

Well try two pictures.........

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country