Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yet another pack threadpike

Re: Yet another pack threadpike

Stone glacier packs are supposed to be very good

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    Geez - all this talk about MR, KUIU, SG, etc and no one has mentioned an Arcteryx... I run the bora, and it's been fantastic hauling big loads and after years of use it looks as new... Am I missing something with a mountaineering internal frame pack??

TJ
    I also have used a Arcteryx Bora day pack that I gave to my son which he now uses for hunting. I have used a Serratus Condor for my backpacking days and now use it for hunting but I am also looking for a new pack that I can take the tent and sleeping bag out at camp and day trip with an external frame for meat hauling. The difference is the internal frame packs are not meant to carry 100lbs of meat. My Serratus sags with extra weight (over 40 lbs) and after all these years with it (20+) it is time to upgrade.
    Last edited by .30-06 camsavbc; 07-23-2015 at 08:56 PM.

I have finally upgraded to a Badlands 2200 hunting pack for day trips. I haven't hauled any meat out with it yet but so far this pack is quiet and very comfortable. The zippers and pulls are large enough to use with my gloves on and no water has penetrated this pack. I bought this one at Cabelas in Nanaimo.

If you're in vancouver or langley you can check out my kifaru with the highcamp bag. I have lots of the accessories like the gun bearer and grab-it. High-camp is a big bag with no pockets (mine is 140L with pockets and lid..but the lid is 1000ci so it act like a pocket for the stuff u want handy)

Placed my order for the new Kifaru tahr bag yesterday. 3400 CI day pack.

Packed 5 big game animals with my SG 6200 so far this year, love it.