Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Hoyt dealer on Van Island ?

Re: Best Hoyt dealer on Van Island ?

I agree with shooter, drop away rests are the way to go. I shoot the Ripcord Code red on my Hoyt Carbon Element. It is was quitter than the whisker biscuit I was using and for the more extreme shots 70 plus yards it is more accurate than the whisker biscuit. IMO
    Have gas will travel

Cant go wrong with a drop away and QAD makes some of the best. Each time I hear guys draw with a whisker biscuit I cringe! Way to much noise.
    I hunt sheep to see over the next mountain, not to measure the next trophy.

I have used a biscuit for years. It is dead quiet. I think it depends on the finish on your arrows maybe... Never. Had a problem with accuracy, break the occasional nock at 50 yards.

My son used to think his whisker biscuit was quiet until I got him to stand 5 feet away when we were at the range with it dead quiet out. When I drew it he couldn't believe how loud it was. It probably does make a difference on the finish. I bet an FMJ is quieter through one. With that said MANY MANY guys have been using them for a long long time and have killed lots of animals so if that's what you choose to use than have at er, I think you will be fine if it is set up right. It really is just personal preference, and I just don't get it when someone argues that one way is better than the next. I just prefer a drop away and I prefer a QAD HdX.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Was in Tyee a couple days ago. One guy was the most clueless guy I've ever spoken to and did not belong in a hunting store. Roger is on holidays and your boy was off.
    All they have is a 29.5" draw length Carbon and 26" Carbon Turbo (Pretty sure I'm 30 - 30.5)
    I have a hard time convincing myself to be required to go back to a store to spend $2500+ because someone competent doesn't work there every day. Massive fail in my books.
    They sure are nice in the hand though.

Always liked my ripcord on my Cybertec.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

They should be able to make it fit you. I'm not 100% sure on those if you need a new harness with different base cams or not but my son will know, I will ask him later when he gets home. But as a dealer they should quite easily be able to swap out base cams and mods to get you to the DL that you need. If all else fails and you know what you want, watch on ArcheryTalk and you should be able to find what you want/need.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Boorman in New West is a Hoyt dealer and they know their stuff. Like others have said QAD is a great rest. I've been using one for a year without any trouble. Easy to tune as well.

I like the whisker biscuit rest but find it's not very friendly to feather fletching.

the only disadvantage of the Bisquit is that if you are less than perfect form ... the bisquit will emphazise that that as its in contact with the entire arrow shaft

Drop aways are nice for hunting as we hunters dont always get into perfect form to take that shot

however ... anything with moving parts will fail eventually

You never or at least rarely see top notch Money maker archers shooting dropaways ... they shoot with lizard tounges or wire baskets or alike
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Ended up picking up a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo. I can see what the hype is about, only had time to put 18 arrows through it tonight with no fine tuning and have it grouping 2" on the last 6. Top of the line Fuse drop away, stab, fuse compact 4 arrow quiver, 7 pin tru glow sight. So quiet, smooth. So fast !
    Roger at Tyee in campbell took care of me well as he did 12 years ago when I bought my Cybertec.
    Shoot straight boys.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny