Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a crossbow

Re: Buying a crossbow

"ROCKSTEADY" " Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile"-JIMI also RIP

Arrow Re: Buying a crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    Bowtec now owns xcaliber so you may start seeing them in the box stores.
    Actually No. Bowtech & Excalibur are owned by the same Investment Group, as such, neither "owns" the other.
    There was some pretty serious concern amongst the Excalibur Gang when this first occurred. Excalibur was recognized as a Very Strong Performer in terms of Product Quality & Customer Relations. Bowtech... suffice it to say... not so much.

Happily, Excalibur has not changed through nor after this occurrence, and continues to Shine in these departments as it always has. And it's bows are still produced In Canada, by Canadians.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Excalibur MICRO All the way.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Actually No. Bowtech & Excalibur are owned by the same Investment Group, as such, neither "owns" the other.
    There was some pretty serious concern amongst the Excalibur Gang when this first occurred. Excalibur was recognized as a Very Strong Performer in terms of Product Quality & Customer Relations. Bowtech... suffice it to say... not so much.

Happily, Excalibur has not changed through nor after this occurrence, and continues to Shine in these departments as it always has. And it's bows are still produced In Canada, by Canadians.

Cheers,
    Nog
    well their you that's a good thing
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post
    Excaliburs are bomb proof! Well at they very least the toughest bows out there. Xbows are stupid easy to shoot. Just like shooting a gun. I got one last year and love it. I must admit it gets a bit boring practicing cause you really don't need to. Just dial in the scope and all the increments are dead on. pop, bulls eye, pop bulls eye etc etc...
    I agree with the notion that x-bows are much easier to shoot than vertical bows for all the obvious reasons.

However, when Fred1 says "Just like shooting a gun." and then regarding practice, "... you really don't need to" he is either trolling and being a wanker, or is one of those guys that gives crossbow hunters a bad name among the archery crowd. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just call him a wanker and laugh. At the very least without the wink or J/K those statements are irresponsible especially when talking to a new archer about hunting with any archery equipment including crossbows!

BTW - I own and hunt with a crossbow once in a while.
    Last edited by The Hermit; 03-31-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Thumbs up Re: Buying a crossbow

I tend to agree with that Hermit! Put 2,500+ shots through my Matrix 380 in practice to date.
    Well over 1,000 BEFORE I ever hunted with it.
    Somewhat "easier" alright, But it IS still a bow, and one must get proficient with it just like any other...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I agree with the notion that x-bows are much easier to shoot than vertical bows for all the obvious reasons.

However, when Fred1 says "Just like shooting a gun." and then regarding practice, "... you really don't need to" he is either trolling and being a wanker, or is one of those guys that gives crossbow hunters a bad name among the archery crowd. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just call him a wanker and laugh. At the very least without the wink or J/K those statements are irresponsible especially when talking to a new archer about hunting with any archery equipment including crossbows!

BTW - I own and hunt with a crossbow once in a while.
    Ah yes... my bad... I was getting at they are easy to use and one would have no problem learning how to shoot one - poor wording on my part. I could care less how anyone harvests an animal, bow, cross bow, bullet, spear, etc. Seen some pretty tragic deaths too, so dont worry I wont ever give anyone a bad name for a less than well placed shot, unless he hasnt pracitced! I shoot my bow 100 times to one over the Xbow - I just find the Xbow more reliable and the bow more prone to error - Not implying one doesnt need to practice, just my bad wording...
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

well I am going to be so polite to Hermit it will kill me...a xbow only requires some practice...more to do with finding the right bolt/broadhead combo...your better practicing with your range finder than blowing bolts apart...the Excalibur is the best one by far with many features not found on others...I have shot a few deer with one just to try it and my son has killed many....however...I don't believe it should be considered in the athletic art form of archery....but that's just my snobby opinion.

Excalibur Matrix 380, put the hurt on a bull moose with mine first time out with it this year, 56 yards, through and through, went 20 yards and tipped over

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    I tend to agree with that Hermit! Put 2,500+ shots through my Matrix 380 in practice to date.
    Well over 1,000 BEFORE I ever hunted with it.
    Somewhat "easier" alright, But it IS still a bow, and one must get proficient with it just like any other...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Even if you practice over 2500 shots, the "ping!" can happen.