Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Buying a crossbow

Re: Buying a crossbow

IDK, looked about in Mountain Man Cranbrook myself and have been seriously tempted by the awesome Excaliburs! I think the snow camo's skookum... Though I really don't think too hard on camo looks, it's all good. These really appear to be excellent xbows. Thanks Nog and Golden, got lots of good ideas.

Pricing it out depends on many factors! Like local shop or online, big box or what have you. Window shopping is fun folks. Yet nowhere near as fun as Hunting, in my estimation.

Ya i was stoked to go there and look at the snow camo too . they have a sweet mad max 380 there too .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Just remember that if you hunt out of a ground blind, a lighter coloured bow or one in snow camo will show up like a light in the blind against the black back ground of the blind.

Something to think about.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

i think all you x bow guys should try a hunting bow,compounds are better in every area distance speed flat shooting,save yer boots!!start killing instead of wounding
    just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by bonecolecter View Post
    i think all you x bow guys should try a hunting bow,compounds are better in every area distance speed flat shooting,save yer boots!!start killing instead of wounding
    just my opinion
    The future seems bright for you in this thread.

From someone who hunted with both I will say neither is superior or is a wounding issue

It all comes down to knowing the tool

just my opinion
    Try drawing a bow with a fuqed shoulder?!?

As a brand new and happy owner of a 380 xtra... You can keep your compound. The reviews are all right getting 15 plus inches of penetration on a tight hay bail at 40 yards with feild points the only problem ypu will have is recovering your bolt. Took all of 2 hours to be bang on at that distance consistently without sandbags. Ive shot trad lots. Ive tried compound but Im happy with my xbow and dont think its going to 'wound' anything its gonna harvest it.

just my opinion
    Your opinion is wrong... X Bows are just as efficient at killing as compounds... Have you ever even hunted with a crossbow??
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

archery isnt about being able to shoot at distance. ill leave that for the tv guys
    their both fine and close to equal, just takes some form/skill with a compound vs a crossbow to be good and consistant with them