Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Cougar Sighting (Picture) - Thoughts about the sex, age, size, health, etc?

First Cougar Sighting (Picture) - Thoughts about the sex, age, size, health, etc?

I saw this cougar walking along a beach and was lucky to get a picture. First one I have ever seen. There isn't anything really to use for scale in the picture but I am curious if anyone here has any thoughts about the characteristics of this animal.

Thanks!

Cougar by GoodPartner77, on Flickr

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First Cougar Sighting (Picture) - Thoughts about the sex, age, size, health, etc?

Adult female.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Re: First Cougar Sighting (Picture) - Thoughts about the sex, age, size, health, etc?

great picture. thanks for posting. i would agree, adult female

Amazing picture! Not often you will get a chance to take an image like that. Awesome! Great to see you back posting here.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Great picture......the stare from that animal just gives me the freakin creeps

Absolutely beautiful picture and animal! Thank you for sharing.

100% adult female most likely with kittens from her low bloat belly. Doesn't look super healthy because of the looks of her hips and overall size this time of year. Has the typical size and shape of a mature female. You got lucky to get a picture so forsure to save. I did notice some sort of scare on the rear hind that tells me that he did get hit by a fight that is typical from a male cat that wanted to breed when she wasnt ready

Beautiful creature; thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the insights. Obviously the chances are low for future encounters but still good to learn about.

great picture

I'll go with adult female
    I been on the receiving end of that scowl on several occasions
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole