Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunt Buddy app question

Hunt Buddy app question

Anyone else has issues trying to keep maps in cache for that app? How do I download and keep maps on my iPhone for offline use?

thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunt Buddy app question

Just messaged the man himself....standby
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

The offline storage of maps is part of the mapping package optional feature via in-app purchase. If you buy the mapping package then a little slide out menu appears on the right on the map screen with controls for downloading maps. Make sure you've selected the map type to download (page curl at the bottom right) first. Apple doesn't allow the built-in map types to be cached but once you've selected one of the optional ones, then you can download tiles for offline.

There is a bunch more info on the FAQ page if you scroll down a bit. Or you can PM me with other questions.

I've been having issues as well. Been trying to download 7-38 area and while it starts the d/l of my selected area, calculates progress of 0/305662, it never gets anywhere over 200 or so and my ipad shuts off. I've got 100mb d/l and it looks like its crawling.

Hey Reach, will there be the additional maps for LEH zones and the LEH synopsis be available for the Android version?
    See the swing...hear the ding!

300,000 tiles is a lot. That's like 6 GB. Are you sure you need max detail on that whole area?

In any case, yes the BC gov't map server is slow at times... but the app should stay awake while downloading. I'll double check that's working on the iPad. If not, I'll try and include a fix in the next update (coming shortly with the new LEH regs). What iPad model and OS are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Tīɡ View Post
    Hey Reach, will there be the additional maps for LEH zones and the LEH synopsis be available for the Android version?
    No progress yet on adding that or the offline maps in the Android version, unfortunately. I can't make any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    No progress yet on adding that or the offline maps in the Android version, unfortunately. I can't make any promises.
    Ok no worries. Thanks for developing this awesome app tho! I love it and have sold one friend on it already and i'm sure there will be more to come.
    See the swing...hear the ding!

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    300,000 tiles is a lot. That's like 6 GB. Are you sure you need max detail on that whole area?

In any case, yes the BC gov't map server is slow at times... but the app should stay awake while downloading. I'll double check that's working on the iPad. If not, I'll try and include a fix in the next update (coming shortly with the new LEH regs). What iPad model and OS are you running?
    Yeah, I know it's a lot but figured I left the Ipad plugged in and it had room and hunt buddy it what its mostly used for now anyway, why not. However no such luck getting it to download as of yet even with it plugged in all the time. Since my post above a whopping 750 tiles came down with me touching it every 5 minutes or so.

Ipad mini first gen, 16gb OS 8.1.1
    Last edited by Mudzbogger; 03-22-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks for the info / report. As a temporary workaround, you can keep the iPad awake by going to Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock and set it to Never. Then it should keep downloading.

But it's supposed to do that automatically (the app is supposed to stay awake until the download is finished, unless you specifically hit the Home button). I'll consider this a bug and will try and fix it in an update ASAP.