Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kenetrek boots in Prince George?

Re: Kenetrek boots in Prince George?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    picked up a pair of Mountain Extreme NI from Ken-C Dist in PG. Great service, awesome boots

I recently did the same. Agree completely. I treated mine. Definitely do it.

I bought some mountain guides at the gunshow earlier this year. They don't give those boots away do they!

They sure don't but if you consider the use you'll get out of them and the quality of build you are probably better off investing every 5-10 years than spending a couple of hundred on cheap boots every other year. And your feet will be happier too.

Old thread resurfaced, but relevant.

Can the new mountain guides be resolved with a caulk bottom? I think the old vibram soled ones could be, but the new ones have upgraded the soles. And Kenetrek doesn’t sell caulked mountaineering boots anymore, like they used to.

I did phone, I think there was a bit of confusion with my question.

Not sure about caulked kenetreks, but if you're looking for a comfy boot give these a try https://hoffmanboots.com/8-hoffman-armor-pro-calk

A side note, Hoffman don't seem to hold their waterproofing for long, but they do last and require little break in. (Better for the interior than the coast)

Thanks for the link. I think that’s where some of the guys at my work get their boots. I checked out the Hoffman website last week.

They unfortunately ship UPS. The biggest pirates in the shipping business. Once bitten twice shy.

Excellent costumer service. I called late at night and he answer all my questions I sent my measurements and he confirmed proper size fit like a glove.