Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: torquing to the left

Re: torquing to the left

Minutes ago I just did a lesson with a relatively new but keen archer. His shots were consistently going a little right. I shot the bow and hit the bull... deduced that he wasn't using the level on the sight... got him to check that and immediately he started hitting the bull! Hardnocks knows his stuff!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Minutes ago I just did a lesson with a relatively new but keen archer. His shots were consistently going a little right. I shot the bow and hit the bull... deduced that he wasn't using the level on the sight... got him to check that and immediately he started hitting the bull! Hardnocks knows his stuff!
    The two of you would see eye to eye LOL .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    The two of you would see eye to eye LOL .
    Hell no I am taller than him!! hahaha
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

ok guys....It's now a day later and I spent time this afternoon really working on my open hand grip. I gotta tell ya, I think I've got it. Torquing seems to have been resolved full quiver/5 arrows/4 arrows or 3 arrows....Proof is in the pudding...practice practice practice..thanks for the input guys

right on..everyone has gone though the torgue thing at some time. I have seen shooters with a sharp tooth pick between the thumb and forefinger. just to stop them from griping the handle.
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

good to hear!
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

It is most often a form issue and assuming you are right handed drifting left is common. Often your grip or slight movement of your bow hand during release. Lots of guys have a habit of slightly dropping their bow arm trying to see there arrow.

It really helps to have an experienced archer watch you shoot because it is easier to see form issues when you are not the shooter

I know this is old ... but ... the weight of the side quiver is enough to induce a bit of Kant to your bow ... some might think its tourqe ... but its not ...

In my opinion you have 3 options: Take your quiver off ... Use your sight bubble and fight it continually ... or get an off set Stabilizer set up or install a counter weight to put the ballance of the bow back to center

Everyone in my opinion should do the 3rd option anyway as the weight of the sight on one side of the riser throws the center balance off a tad anyway ... but we have all been taught to accept it and adjust ourselves for it.

Something similar to this
    http://www.stokerized.com/products/a...-ss1-g2-series
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 04-11-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbc View Post
    I shoot with a G5 Head-Loc, and my POI never changes with the quiver on or off. I shoot with a open hand grip and a wrist sling. I make no attempt to grab the bow until I hear the arrow hit. Zero torque.
    I too have a G5 hed-loc.I shot with it full...and as been stated earlier...practice...practice...practice..I recently moved on to a G5 Prime Impact. it's longer than the Surge and I think more stable for me. I love the wall on it. I also took the plastic grip off so I would have less to "grip" and try with every shot to keep from gripping the bow...I practice @ 50 yds and while I do quite often still torque to the left...I'm also getting more and more arrows right on the mark. I think it's a matter of time and practice at this point.

Yep practice for sure, but the Stokerized SS1 that Bowzone Mikey linked to is a great product for a hunting bow. Also make sure that you have the quiver adjusted as close to the bow as you can get it and it will help also.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it