Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wearing Orange

Re: Wearing Orange

I wear a reversible toque. I was walking into an area last season with the orange side out. When I was about 500 yards from the little blind I had built the previous day I saw a movement of orange in that spot as another hunter also switched his toque to the other side. Quickly glassed him (WITH BINOS!), gave him a quick wave, he waved back and I turned and walked out. For me, that's a great use of orange. Without it I would have walked right up to him.

In Camp: Camo + Blaze Orange
    Near Roads: Camo + Blaze Orange
    Backcountry: Camo
    After kill: Camo + Blaze Orange
    Packing out: Camo + Blaze Orange + Hi Vis Vest/Flagging tape on antlers
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

I don't want others to see me. Around here the woods are so filled with mud mouth fools I would bet money on the fact some would shoot at "the moving orange thingy"

Orange for me and the dog around Kamloops, we only hunt small game. There are times that I have to go into very dense bush to get to where my dog has found the grouse, always feel safer in those situations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ls1.jpg  

Years ago my older brother shot a small Island buck and made a pack out of it to pack it out. He put a blaze orange vest on the deer and despite that, as he was packing it along an old road with lots of alders he heard a gun shot and an alder beside him exploded from the bullet. Probably nothing can protect us from idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    If you feel that wearing orange is going to stop someone else taking a pot shot at you - then by all means, go ahead and dress in it from head to toe - deer are color blind anyway so the coloration of your clothing won't mean anything to them!
    Nah, you need to wear an orange - black camo pattern. Not s solid orange. Solid will spook the dear.

5 year old thread. Really?
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.