Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any PSE experts out there?

Re: any PSE experts out there?

I would suggest not buying a package but instead buy a bare bow and add what you need. Good quality sights, string, release and peep are worth it

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I have owned 3 PSE and 1 Hoyt compound bows over about 25 years or so.
    My current PSE Dream Season EVO is by far the fastest, quietest, torque-less,
    vibration-free bow I've owned. Obviously there are even better bows out there,
    but for me this bow fits very well and I can be consistently very accurate with it.
    Most experienced archers have the same comment....try many bows if you can
    and pick the one that feels comfortable for you.

ITS NOT THE BOW ITS THE INDIAN. More animals are shoot with just a run of the mill bow then any of the premium bows. ......but if you can get a pro. siries bow even last years stock they will have premium string and cables . that will be the price difference between pro. and mainline

I got my grandson a drive good bow all you really need.....but the strings are crapola
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Damn I've got an entry level Pse bow shooting a bit less then 300fps shooting fine groups at 60yds....I'll have to throw it on the fire and buy a top end one......

To me it all depends on what the OP is going to use it for. I have a Brute and am very happy with it. But I am first and foremost a rifle hunter. I picked up the bow to extend my season, and to be honest, skirt my companies no firearms in truck policy. Nice being able to have something to do in work camp after a few week. Yes, there are a lot better bows out there, but for me there is so much other stuff, and other hobbies I want to try, that I could spend $1000+ on and still be content with my archery. I am confident with my bow, don't hesitate to hunt with it, and it suits my style. If the OP is going to pursue archery seriously then I would step up to a higher quality, but if it just to extend the season, have some fun on trips, and go to the occasional shoot once in a while the mainline PSEs are great. Just change the factory string.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

There are other entry level or mid range bows that I would consider before PSE. They used to be the most popular "working guys" bow because they had volume and good dollar value.

They lost that several years ago when they put all their energy into being top of the speed race. Inferior strings, poorly assembled, warranties far above the norm, and often poorly assembled. And I know some of you will say "...BS, I've had PSE's and no problems..." and I believe you, but, on the whole, they are poor quality for the money.
    I've set up enough PSE's to know that. The local dealer here has the same opinion. The last PSE I actually owned was a Bow Madness and it was pretty good after changing the string. I bought it as a back up bow for Africa, because it fit into a golf bag. If any body wants a custom built aluminum case for a Bow Madness, I still have it.

If I was on a Budget, I'd look for a good used two or three year old bow, or something from Diamond or maybe even a few models of the newer Bears. Forget speed. It is the curse of the amateur or infrequent archer.
    There is a ton of good bows, already outfitted, sitting dusty, in closets all over BC. Put an add here, on other local sports forums and Graigslist. You'll find what you want at a good price.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

I have a PSE Omen, enjoy shooting 3D and hunting with it. Had a PSE Dream Season before. Two of my kids shoot PSE's, one shoots a Hoyt and the other kid and wife shoot Bowtechs. All have been good and we have had no issues at the 3D events. Others have provided good advice, spend within your budget and buy abow you feel comfortable with.

Bowtech/Diamond bows are also affordable and come in ready to shoot packages. I've owned 2 diamonds and love them.

I have the pse drive lt.It is a nice bow for the money and its a pro series bow,very fast as well.

THe PSE Drive is a Pro Series bow. Friend of mine bought one last year, and loves it. With most bows, you really need to shoot a few in your price range, and let the bow pick you.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.