Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: torquing to the left

torquing to the left

ok....I had my surge hitting pretty consistantly. Now, I've attached my quiver to the bow....G5 headloc...my shots are now torquing to the left. Is this fix as easy as adjusting my sights to the left until I'm back on the bull ? Is this good form or just a bandaid? I don't want to be adding stabilizers on the side cause I plan on hunting with this bow..thanks for comments

2. Site Sponsor

Re: torquing to the left

Do you have a level on your site? I personally wouldn't adjust anything. If all you did was put a quiver on your not holding the bow the same anymore.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Quiver will always torque your bow a bit. Adding weight to one side is causing you to counter it with your grip. Just adjust your sight and always shoot with quiver on and full of arrows. If that is how you will be hunting with the bow. Or get a hunting hip quiver like a tarantula or similar and leave the bow as is. That is what I will be doing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kilometers View Post
    Do you have a level on your site? I personally wouldn't adjust anything. If all you did was put a quiver on your not holding the bow the same anymore.
    yes I have a level. I've been taking particular notice of that now that I've added the quiver. I guess it's a matter of practice...getting used to the extra weight and concentrating on grip....but it's hard at first anyway...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Quiver will always torque your bow a bit. Adding weight to one side is causing you to counter it with your grip. Just adjust your sight and always shoot with quiver on and full of arrows. If that is how you will be hunting with the bow. Or get a hunting hip quiver like a tarantula or similar and leave the bow as is. That is what I will be doing this year.
    Yes, I was contemplating changing the sight but........I may to shoot with quiver off sometimes and then I get confused. As I said one post up...I guess it's a matter of practice.....I will keep at it..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    I am sorry but this is really bad advice. if you ajust your sight every shot will hit a different spot.
    fix your torque practice with one arrow ,then two tell you have a full quiver.
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

How is it bad advice? If he is going to be shooting the bow with the quiver on, then sight the bow in with the quiver on. It WILL affect the shot. When hunting are you shooting with an empty quiver or a full one? His shot will change POI with each arrow regardless if he moves his sight or not. Do you sight your bow in bare and then add your stab, quiver, etc. and then go hunting? I am saying sight your bow in loaded with a full quiver, then your first shot will be the most accurate.

adjusting for torque do`s not work at all. you can`t adjust for torque the farther the arrow flys the worse it gets. their is really no reason that a quiver should cause torque. practice , practice
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Kilometres nailed it. That level can mean everything, especially on a single pin sight (if that's what you have ) if it gets noticeabley more left the further, and further you shoot you may want to adjust your rest, not your sights. But I think you'll be surprised how much a perfectly level bow will a make difference at longer ranges.

I shoot with a G5 Head-Loc, and my POI never changes with the quiver on or off. I shoot with a open hand grip and a wrist sling. I make no attempt to grab the bow until I hear the arrow hit. Zero torque.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.