Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Hoyt dealer on Van Island ?

Best Hoyt dealer on Van Island ?

Want to pick up a carbon spyder zt turbo. Also want to go through the proper draw length fitting etc and spend some time with someone knowledgeable about that aspect of it before slapping it together with all the good stuff.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best Hoyt dealer on Van Island ?

I can help you out getting fitted properly if you want. I'm not actually even sure if there is any Hoyt dealer other than Tyee Marine on VI. My son works there and if you deal with anyone I would HIGHLY recommend dealing with my son. I would trust him to work on my bows. I can't say that about anyone else there.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Buckys in Duncan. Super smart and friendly staff

Roger at Tyee was always good to me, just seems the few times I've been there over the years, their inventory sucked.
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

To each his own. Roger told me my bow was too fast for a drop away. It was shooting about 280fps, and that was when I decided to start tuning all my own.

My son just told me that he is pretty sure they have a CS ZT Turbo in stock.

Cool, thanks for the heads up I'll have to pop in. Been a long time since I had to tune or anything so maybe take U up on that once I'm set up.
    Have to be crazy not to use a drop away! I do know though some of the first ones were in fact too slow to drop down and some guys were discouraged from them. That was a long time ago though !

I'm always happy to help. The rest was actually a QAD and I got it to work just fine after contacting QAD and following their instructions now it's all I use.

One of the most accurate ways I have seen to measure for draw length is to stand next to a wall and make a light fist. Set yourself up so that your arm is perfectly perpendicular and relaxed and the knuckles of your fist lightly brush the wall. Now turn your head and look at the wall basically you should be like you are shooting a bow. Make sure you head is level and your arm is straight and relaxed. Now get someone to measure from the wall to the corner of your mouth and add 1/4". That should be VERY close but as with any draw length it isn't a number it's how the bow fits and feels so the final needs to be done with the bow. I have fine tuned my draw lengths down to 1/8's of an inch and it's amazing what happens to your pin float when it all clicks.

I guess I'm crazy then... I've tried a half dozen different drop away rests and always go back to the whisker biscuit... quiet, full capture and doesn't slow the arrow down to any noticeable degree.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

My drop away is much quieter on the draw than my sons whisker biscuit was. Those bristles scraping the shaft aren't quiet. And my drop away is also full containment.