Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any PSE experts out there?

any PSE experts out there?

I am looking for a bow for under 850 ish and am intreagued by the affordibility of the pse bows, I have looked at the field ready pse drive lt and I like that it's fast and affordable. any opinions on this bow? if like it to be a bow I'll have for years

2. Site Sponsor

Re: any PSE experts out there?

is that your budget with everything bow sight rest arrows everything. the PSE mainline bows are ok but most people will end up having them for a year and upgrading to their Pro Series bows. so you might as well buy the Pro Series bow now and then have it for years.

what poundage are you looking at and what you're draw length

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    is that your budget with everything bow sight rest arrows everything. the PSE mainline bows are ok but most people will end up having them for a year and upgrading to their Pro Series bows. so you might as well buy the Pro Series bow now and then have it for years.

what poundage are you looking at and what you're draw length
    Partiall true and not true Mr Mike...i have a main line bow and its been 4 years and havent switched to a pro series. So there. But yes what is your price range is more like it. Most of Pse bows are just fine. But Mike has an extra bow now he switch teams so see how much he will sell his omen to you. Make sure you get HBC cost

the point is you might is well buy a pse pro series. they are alot better in everyway except the price

Partiall true and not true Mr Mike...i have a main line bow and its been 4 years and havent switched to a pro series. So there. But yes what is your price range is more like it. Most of Pse bows are just fine. But Mike has an extra bow now he switch teams so see how much he will sell his omen to you. Make sure you get HBC cost
    and mr chris your thinking about buying a new bow arent you. you really want that full throttle

In all honesty don't become a speed junky for the cool factor. Don't matter how fast that arrow gets their if it lacks accuracy.

Nothing wrong with starting with a slower bow as often they are more forgiving and many single cams have a smoother draw with a solid back wall.

I personal own an APA M7 and have shot many other speed bows. Personally will be going back to a single cam when I replace my M7 do to the smoother draw. I have been shooting bows for 22years now and can tell you the person behind the bow is more important than a fancy rig.

Nothing wrong with PSE bows but pick one that you find comfortable to draw, hold at full draw, feels balanced, and fits well in your hands. Speed in my mind is a lot less important than the factors I mentioned

I shoot the omen pro(formally the fastest bow) and now i bought a new elite energy 32. i will probably not wanna shoot the omen anymore. i got addicted to the speed bows, and im pretty accurate with it but its not an easy pulling bow. and i think i will like alot smoother bow than a speed bow

I bought a simple PSE Mach 1.5 bow in 1984 and it worked fine for many years on elk, deer, and moose with no problems and only minor maintenance. I haven't had a chance to use it lately but I would use it again if I get time to practise. As long as you keep your shots to 40 m or less, you will be fine. If you don't have money to blow, get a simple, quality, low-maintenance bow and learn to shoot it well from 10 to 40m. Passing up the odd 70m shot is not that big of a deal - you don't have to cut your tag and get to hunt more!
    Last edited by Argali; 03-13-2015 at 05:32 PM.

I am looking at the field ready , or the ready to hunt packages and they come with all of that

I take it that your first time shooter and i was on when i bought the brute. If i did it again i would of
    spend the extra cash and bought the bow madness. Im more of a tree stand shooter so i like a short axle to axle. Best thing to do is pm the guys that have pse and learn and bit. End of the day go to some stores and test some out. Its all about how you feel and whats best suited for you