Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any PSE experts out there?

Re: any PSE experts out there?

I just tried out a P.S.E drive and a DNA both were very nice bows. I will probable by the drive more forgiving brace at 7" compared to 6" for DNA.

Bought the DNA dream season 60lbs bow shoots great it was a 2014 model and got for the same price as the Drive.

If your happy with it ... thats all that matters

I have been watching this thread
    Since 2001 I have owned several .. probally close if not more than 20 Bows ... 9 have been dedicated hunting rigs 2 PSE 2 Hoyts, Diamond, Bowtech,Martin and 2 elites...(wow thats alot when I lay em out like that)

I didnt like the PSEs or the Bowtechs(Diamond inclusive) until I Got custom grips for them ... I didnt like the hoyts unless they just had the side plates on the risers, The martin I loved ..I just outgrew it, The Elites I love with either bare riser or small sideplates
    Point is find a bow that Fits you like an extension of your own arm and go with it

however that said ... what Ambush says rings true .... quality parts make all the differance ... and for a while PSE was not Quality ... Point Shoot Explode/ Pretty Shitty Equipment .... I too have done alot of work on PSEs
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

No expert but owned a PSE it was my 4 th bow and I really liked it. Can not speak on the specific model your asking about but I think they really know what they are doing at PSE with bows and the one I had was great. Cannot go wrong with a new PSE in my books.
    Who is the thief ? The man who hunts for food or the ones who make him pay to hunt game for their gain for that which is not theirs to sell.

i owned 3 PSE bows and i thought they where the best until i shot an elite energy. i will never spend a penny on pse. other manufactures make a way nicer shooting bows.
    Elite Energy 32

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    i owned 3 PSE bows and i thought they where the best until i shot an elite energy. i will never spend a penny on pse. other manufactures make a way nicer shooting bows.
    mike you are comparing a large braze height smooth elite to an omen with 5 1/2 braze . PSE are a good brand they make a bow for everyone . Elite make a couple models . If you dry fire a PSE the parts to fix it are free . I have fixed many dry fires on all brands average cost $300 without labour . PSE free . Do they make the best bow ...NO...but they could be the best bow company because they make a model that fits anyone.
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

I just picked up a PSE Bow Madness 32, my friend got a BM 30 and another got the surge. All "low end" it appears bows. We are all shooting nice groupings, they certainly aren't the quietest bows...I'll be trying hunting this fall so we'll see how it does on that end. But as a new archer, to extend my season and play around in the back yard i'm pretty happy!

No bow without some sort of dampener is going to be quiet. It just cannot be unless you're shooting a sponge.
    And PSE, they have been around for a very long time. There have been many manufacturers that have come and gone in the interim. Some have changed their names like McPherson to Mathews. I would be that PSE supplies risers for a lot of other producers.
    One of the biggest advancements in Compound bow development was the single cam bow. It reduced the risk of going out of time with cams on top and bottom as strings stretched. Advancements in string material reduced the stretch but never eliminated it entirely.
    So I have a preference for single cam over dual cam.
    And if you ever wanted to experience a noisy contraption, you should have shot the Allen compound bow. It you didn't hear it, you felt the shockwave from its vibration. And for you young'uns, Allen held the patent on compound bows.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Regardless of one cam or two when your strings stretch your bow comes out of time, your ata and brace height come out of spec. Single cam bows are tuned using static timing marks and since only one cam is used to produce its power its very important its set up properly. Buying a single cam on the basis it never comes out of time is a mistake. Shoot a single cam and dual cam bows and see what feels best for you. All compunds need maintenance no matter what brand. A well tuned low end bow might shoot and feel way nicer than a out of tune top of the line rig. I bet there are more bows in guys closets that are in need of maintenace than ones that dont.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 08-14-2015 at 05:20 AM.