Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hanwag Trapper Top GTX Boots

Re: Hanwag Trapper Top GTX Boots

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    Thanks GTS. Looked at the Hanwag site, and it looks like I am doing it right. I use the NIKWAX waterproofing wax. It comes in a large toothpaste like tube, and is easy to through in your pack, for touchups when required. Hope you like your boots as much as I like mine
    oh ya . i love them and there just going to get better . im sure i made the right choice.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Took the new boots for a short hike today, never knew such a comfort level existed. I got some smart wool socks to try with em and don't think I'll ever go back to my usual cheap cotton socks.

Ever heard the saying 'cotton kills' cotton is the worst fabric you can use in any kind of hiking/outdoor use, collects your sweat and hangs on to it for ya, once that happens you can't get dry or warm. Those smart wool are excellent socks, for cooler days I like the Patagonia heavy marino socks that come up to your knees, expensive but worth the money. Good luck with your new boots, when you spend the money on quality you can't go wrong.

i am a lucky guy . all ways worked hard heavy lifting up and down ladders and stairs . So pack a real gun even pack beer on a sheep hunt ha ha . Now for boots .I was spring grizz hunting bad weather my old sorells split sole . lucky i had a old pair of felts in the hunting trailer , yea old from when i worked on the drill floor in the Beaufort sea . Up the draw camped over night and down all good .
    i am down with a shoulder rebuild so between Netflix and BC hunting i am burning time and enjoy reading this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I tried the Alaska GTX on the other day, liked them better than the Lowa's. I have crappy ankles as well so I am going to go back and try on the trapper tops before I buy.
    i did the same thing . i had the Alaskan and i didnt trust it . felt wobbly . . now i have the trapper tops and i have no worries..
    " Never tell me the Odds "

I had to toss in the towel on my 2 year old lowa hunters last season due the the rubber peeling up on the toes. I jumped on the hanwag wagon a couple weeks ago now with a pair of Alaskans. I was in store trying boots on, I wish I would have known about the trapper tops before I bought tho, cause I do like the higher top boots. Iv already waxed them with the Mendel wax the store tossed in or I'd be looking at trading them back.

Gotta say tho, the boot feels pretty dang comfy for not even leaving the house yet with them.