Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ranch Crew Cab Reviews

Mystery Ranch Crew Cab Reviews

Hello

I'm strongly considering getting a MR crew cab. I already have a NICE frame and enjoy the way it feels and handles heavy loads. From the reviews and YouTube videos, the crew cab seems like a very good all around pack. I think the crew cab would make for a great day pack that could easily handle heavy salt blocks for the trail cams or big game quarters if needed. What are some your experiences with the pack and would you recommend it?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mystery Ranch Crew Cab Reviews

Use it love it.

I had a crew cab on my old MR. The pack has great design and function but lacks any height on the frame. There is zero load lifter capablity and I found it to be hard on my shoulders. I had my MR before they released the lift kit, possibly that will help. Id go metcalf personally.

Yes - do it

its almost the perfect transformer and with dry bags and a couple extra straps you can rig it up to be as useful as a full size pack. I have separate dry bags for my sleep system, clothing and food. Depending on how much I'm taking I can either stack them all inside and/or up under the lid. The extra straps let me low mount some stuff if I'm hauling out. It's not heavy and not a record breaking featherweight either - but you're planning to add a few pounds of meat right?

I really like my CrewCab, it's my day pack but I've done overnight trip too no problem with a 50# load going in. I'd like to try a Metcalf but not a priority at all

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Both the wife and I have them and have packed out some pretty large loads. Here is a pic of the wife packing out 80lbsof Caribou meat.

I really enjoy using my Crew Cab. I've tried on others but this fits me best.
    Bought a set of Oneiros Valley load lifters and I don't feel any weight on my shoulders unless I'm overloaded. Great kit!

http://ovinnovations.com/products/g2...fter-panel-llp

VDD Group Canada

Had one, hated it when packing 120 pounds. Sold it, my 6500 carries a load much better.

This lift kit you speak of. Is it compatible with the 6500? If so, any feedback on it? There website is vague about it.

The 6500 and 7500 have frame extensions built in the lift kit is for the crewcab and metcalf type bags. The crewcab is probably the most versatile bag out there it rocks! Id recommend the lift kit for it though.