View Poll Results: Do you think there should be ONE organization that represents all forms of archery?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 52.63%
  • No

45 47.37%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Archery in BC

Re: Archery in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Tinney
    I don't feel that it adequately represents me as a bowhunter.
    Perhaps you just don`t want it to....

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

What does representing you as a bowhunter look like.

It takes time, people and resources to represent. The UBBC is just getting rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T
    What does representing you as a bowhunter look like.

It takes time, people and resources to represent. The UBBC is just getting rolling.

Well said.....

I don't feel that it adequately represents me as a bowhunter.
    so who or what does then? Point me in the direction of an organization doing more to try and represent you as a bowhunter and I will gladly sign on to try and help them as well!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

How do you want to be represented?

how should all of us want to be represented?

a voice in parliment?

a voice in the community?

Bow Walker Guest

Isn't the UBBC all of the above? Doesn't the UBBC name stand for what everyone here seems to want?

Gord, it might help to refresh memories here by posting up the UBBC's mandate.

If there was/is an organization that represents us as a segment of the hunting populace it's the UBBC. If in doubt, seek out your area/zone rep and talk to them about what they and the organization are trying to accomplish.

BowWalker, I believe the UBBC wants to in essence be all of the above, however there remains work to be done. I believe the UBBC can be all of the above in terms of representing hunters/bowhunters objectively at hunting/wildlife discussions.

The UBBC must be accepted by Government as a voice, as a legitimate voice. In some cases ingrained thinking prevents a new voice, it takes time. In some cases it is a question of respect or perspective. Should an organization like the BCWF respect the UBBC? I don't know. Perhaps. Why not? What is the risk in supporting the UBBC?

Hunting is a passion and perhaps the perceptions of some (not all) that any season (GOS) is a season in which a bowhunter can choose to hunt with his bow and therefore this equates to opportunity (in some cases it does) is all that is required is more like a discussion on religion or abortion. Just passionately aren't going to agree.

Bow Walker Guest

There are a few of many things that move with the speed of molasses in January.....Tax refund cheques, Gov't policy changes, Lawyers'.

The UBBC is a young organization and as such will have to take the time to establish themselves in order to be taken seriously by everyone - from individuals right on up.

It is obviously frustrating (for some) to have to wait that requisite amount of time.

'Patience Grasshopper(s), patience'

Tinney. I feel that the hunting aspect of archery should be separate from the 3D and target archery. The UBBC deals with this and leaves the fun part to individule clubs or organizations.

Rainwater Guest

Tinney, Please do not drag the TBBC into this discussion. Although we support fully and endorse the UBBC we are a group of bowhunters who by choice have selected traditional equipment to use, ie. recurves, longbows, selfbows etc. I will never endorse badmouthing by our members of other archers, but as you know people still have their opinions. We however are dedicated to securing the tradition of bowhunting through the teachings of conservation, ethics and sound wildlife management. We mentor young people, do consevation projects and sit in on hunter advisory committee meetings. The UBBC is strictly a bowhunter advocacy group (not 3D/or field archery/) and the brochure they will send you pretty well spells it out. Whether people in the crowd want to believe it or not Bowhunting in our Province is on the move, a monumental history making document which will decide the future of bowhunters and bowhunting is being re-written. I sure as hell want a bowhunting advocacy group at that table.